10 Best Golf Putting Mats (2023 Buying Guide)
When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a teeny-tiny 🤏 affiliate commission.
A quality putting mat allows you to practice your game even when you can’t get onto your local course. Of course, there is a vast difference between casually tapping a golf ball across your living room carpet and having an authentic putting green experience. Fortunately, if you have a professional quality putting mat, it is possible to fine-tune your shots even if you are stuck in the office.
The best putting mat for the office is Perfect Practice Indoor Golf Green. The golf putting green mat that is the most realistic and suitable for indoor and outdoor applications is Chriiena Professional Training Mat. Beginner golfers may enjoy a game of Putterball to get them hooked on golf.
While you probably won’t be able to practice your drives indoors, putting mats are a valuable golf training aid. They are generally easy to set up and a fun way to include your colleagues, friends, or family in the sport without dragging everyone along to the golf course.
Putting mats and best golf training aids come with various specs, so we have put together this handy list so you can quickly find one best suited for your situation.
Like many things in life, golf-putting mats are not created equal. At one point, having a short putting mat in an office was a bit of a status symbol. It was more of an entertainment item than a serious piece of practice equipment.
Things have changed, and golfers have realized that the precision shots at the end of each round may very well make or break their score. Being able to practice a smooth, confident putting technique can be done comfortably from any location where there is a bit of space and an opportunity.
When shopping for a putting mat that will enhance your game, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Consider the room size where you will be using your putting mat. Length should be chosen accordingly. Some models have different-length mats available.
- Think about the greens at the course where you most often play. What are some challenges that you need more practice to overcome? Some putting mats have built-in hills or weighted balls to make things more realistic.
- If you are left-handed, check that the mat is suitable for your style.
- Mats with holes are excellent confidence-building aids
- Some mats have built-in alignment aids that you may find useful
- Some models have built-in green speed selection
- Easy storage
With all of the above in mind, let’s go through our top pics in various categories to choose the best putting mat that will give your game the edge.
1. Most Realistic Feel Putting Mat: Chriiena Professional Training Mat
- ★Real Golfing Feel: Made of premium PP grass and weaved with most scientific grass density, Chriiena golf putting green simulates real golf greens. According to our tests, the stimp meter...
- ★Bring More Fun: Many customers complains that putting directions are limited to the fixed golf holes and gentle slope, which is no good for golfing practice and kind of boring. To address...
- ★For Indoor & Outdoor: Chriiena golf putting green can not be used indoor but outdoor also. The putting mat base is made of thickened 10mm heavy duty rubber foam base, which will holds...
It is rare to find a product with a close-to-perfect review rating, and if you need a golf mat that makes you feel as close as possible to the actual greens while indoors or on your patio, this one ticks all the boxes.
The realistic-looking artificial putting green is a little pricier than some other options, but if you have the space, it is an attractive, durable exercise mat. In addition to the moveable holes, it comes with a moveable slope fitting that allows you to practice more challenging shots.
- 5 x 10 ft
- Realistic artificial grass surface
- Three optional built-in coverable holes and as well as a moveable golf cup
|Consistently excellent reviews||Expensive|
|Stimp meter reading of around 10 is very close to a real putting green||It may be too casual for some settings|
|It is weather-resistant, so perfect for outdoor areas or patios||Quite large for smaller spaces|
|Easy to roll up and store|
|Easy to clean – vacuum or wash|
|Moveable slope fitting|
|Attractive, natural look and feel|
This putting mat may not be ideal for tight office spaces and may look too casual and realistic for a corporate setting. However, it is our number 1 pick if you need a bright, cheerful, authentic-looking golf putting mat that is almost impossible to ignore – you will want to practice every time you walk past.
2. Best Office Putting Mat: Perfect Practice Indoor Golf Green
- PORTABLE - The official golf putting green of former World #1 PGA Tour pro Dustin Johnson, our indoor putting mat enables you to level up your golf game at home, in the office, or on-the-go.
- STANDARD EDITION - At 9' 6" long, these golf putting greens for indoor use feature 2-hole training to help improve your putting accuracy and reinforce the precision of each stroke.
- HIGH QUALITY SURFACE - Each Perfect Practice golf putting mat is crafted with a unique crystal velvet material, allowing your golf ball to effortlessly roll as if it were out on the greens.
If you are a workaholic who spends most of your time in the office and doesn’t get enough time on the golf course, the Perfect Practice putting mat may be what you need. Its long narrow shape and convenient guides let you practice making consistently well-aimed shots.
The Perfect green putting mat is endorsed by former PGA tour pro, Dustin Johnson, so you can use it confidently as a training aid. Improve your game from the office or home living room, one putt at a time.
- Available in 3 sizes. Lengths available are 8ft, 9.6ft, and 15.6ft.
- Non-slip rubber base, so the mat remains stable on any surface
- 2-hole sizes to improve precision for long and short shots
- Automatic ball return
|Endorsed by a professional golfer||It may take time to get the long mat completely smooth.|
|Conveniently marked, so golfers can practice doing drills from various distances.||Less portable than some other mats. This product performs better if set up correctly in a space rather than moved around.|
|Perfect for executive office settings where a more formal look is required.|
|The narrow design can fit neatly against a wall without using up much space.|
|The automatic ball return is a convenient feature.|
The Perfect Practice is a valuable piece of putting practice equipment for golfers who are serious about improving their game. Short and distance strokes can be fine-tuned before hitting your local golf course on the weekends.
3. Best To Reduce Stroke Pressure: Champkey Hazard Golf Putting Mat
- Hazard Putting Mat: bunker and water hazard help increase putting accuracy.premium mat prevents the mat from moving and give you a perfect sports experience. Its compact design & lightweight...
- Designed For Accurate Practice: Non-directional turf provides the most accurate practice surface outside of a green. Inclined ramp develops true firmness of stroke.
- Automatic Ball Return System: The continuous ball return allows you to train without interruption. And because you can keep putting without re-setting, you can focus on maintaining a steady...
Many golfers struggle with being a little too heavy-handed on the greens. A magnificent round can be completely destroyed by over-putting at the end.
This Champkey putting mat has little ‘hazards’ built in behind the hole. Hit it too softly, and the ball won’t make it up the slight incline, but wack it with too much pressure, and it will land in the bunker or sand hazard – but don’t worry, the ball will automatically come back to you, so you can try again.
This putting mat is an excellent tool for improving striking force and accuracy in a fun way. The set comes with three movable putting gates, so you can create drills and easily recognize problem areas that need to be improved on.
- 9.5 feet
- Easy to assemble
- Inclined ramp with automatic ball return
- Indoor use
|Best putting mat for heavy-handed putters||It may not look as high-tech as some others|
|Markers help to refine putting accuracy||Indoor use only|
|Optional putting gates for drills||It may be difficult to store as it doesn’t roll up completely – there are plastic fittings.|
|Automatic ball return|
|It makes practice fun and entertaining.|
All in all, the Champkey Hazard Golf Putting mat is an inexpensive putting mat that is perfect for golfers who want an indoor option that won’t break the bank. It’s also an effective way to master greater control when striking the ball, and it is a fun way to learn that when putting, less is often more.
4. Best High-Tech Putting Mat: WellPutt High-Speed Training Mat
- Professional 13 x 1.64ft putting training mat developed to accurately replicate a medium-to-fast-green. Approved by Cameron McCormick, coach of Jordan Spieth, Daniel Berger and So Yeon Ryu
- Multiple visual aids for body and putter alignment, stroke amplitude and eye positioning providing muscle memory and mental mapping solutions
- Two rolling speeds according to the play direction. First direction to practice accuracy (stimp speed 11.5ft) and second direction to refine distance control (stimp speed 10ft)
There are plenty of basic roll-out putting mats available, and then there are some next-generation putting practice tools that can redefine your game. WellPut has a range of simple-looking putting mats linked to high-tech digital aids.
The roll-out mats are durable and tough enough for your kids to run over them indoors or outdoors, but hook your drills up to the WellPro putting app on your phone and improve everything from speed control to alignment.
- Three lengths available: 10, 13, or 26 feet
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Replicates a medium to fast green
- You need to download the WellPutt app to get the full benefit of this putting mat.
|Developed and endorsed by a professional golf coach||It looks intimidating for novice golfers.|
|Made of premium materials||You need the associated apps to access the WellPutt exercises|
|54 Training apps available||There isn’t a cup – some players enjoy the feeling of sinking a putt|
|Easy to transport, set up, and clean||More expensive than some other putting mats|
|Two rolling speeds – depending on which direction you are playing|
The WellPut High Speed putting mat is like having a professional coach by your side. It may require a little more concentration to get through the exercises than simple-style putting mats, but it’s a great tool for golfers keen to challenge themselves and improve their game.
5. Best Affordable Putting Mat: SKLZ Golf Indoor Putting Green
- Simulate real putts. Slight upslope at the cup and true-roll surface emulates putting on actual greens up to eight and a half feet.
- Challenge yourself. With three cups to choose from make your putting practice more challenging. Bunkers behind holes to catch missed puts.
- PUTTING CONFIDENCE. Practice consistency to improve your putting stroke - squaring the face, tempo, and follow through.
The SKLZ is the epitome of simplicity and effectiveness. The design is almost elegant in its simplicity. The eight-and-a-half-foot-long green foam mat has no bells or whistles yet allows golfers of all levels to practice and perfect their putting strokes.
The simple irregular cutout design gives the unmistakable look and feel of a putting green, but without the distractions of markings or intimidating measured lines. The premium quality surface simulates real putting conditions, and it is simple to set out on any indoor floor.
- 8.5 feet long by 3 feet wide
- Foldable foam putting mat
- Indoor use only
- Premium true-roll surface
|Inexpensive||Experienced golfers may not find this mat challenging enough|
|Lightweight and portable||Indoor use only|
|Slight incline at the cup end|
|Bunkers behind the cups catch missed putts.|
|Can roll up for storage|
|Great for practicing stroke consistency|
The SKLZ indoor foam putting mat may not be for everyone, but it is a great, uncomplicated way to focus on stroke consistency and follow through without spending a fortune. This product has received great reviews and is a popular choice for regular players or even grandparents trying to encourage youngsters to get into the game.
6. Most Versatile Putting Mat: PuttOut Pro Golf Putting Mat
- For any golfer a home putting set-up is an essential training tool, and the PuttOut Putting Mat makes practice enjoyable, effective and easy to fit into your day wherever you are.
- Constructed with a durable, heavy-rubber backing to allow the mat to lie smooth and flat on any surface, easily roll the mat away and into the compact carry bag for practice on the go.
- The high quality cut-pile surface is designed to accurately replicate a medium-to-fast green, with a stim meter reading of 10.
This simple putting mat rolls up completely and fits into a compact carry case. It’s a great addition on trips as it won’t use up packing space, yet setting up is as simple as unrolling it on the floor.
Reviewers are enjoying this putting mat as it consistently provides a bump-free surface which is often a problem with products that get rolled up frequently. The metered zones also allow for easy practice, and the stimp meter measurement is consistent for a medium to fast green.
The PuttOut Pro is a bit of a mixture of everything. It fits snuggly against the floor and has handy space markers to practice putting drills, but without any of the cute cup cutouts or buffer sides.
The mat is marked with alignment guides and target points, so players can work out some drills to benefit their game.
- Length is 7 feet, 11 inches x 1 ft 8 inches wide
- Available in green-grey, green-yellow, blue-red
- Easy to roll out flat
- There is no putting cup included – players putt toward a marked zone. Any flat-putting cup could be added for anyone who likes to tap their last ball into a cup.
|Extra smooth, premium rubber surface to provide a smooth putting surface||Indoor use only|
|No need for any special equipment – just a putter and some balls||Some players may like to add a flat putting cup which does not come with the mat|
|Easy to roll up, store, or transport||No ball catch or return feature|
|Simulates a medium to fast green speed with a stimp meter reading of around 10||Errand balls could roll all over the room while you are gaining experience.|
PuttOut Putting mats come with an assortment of tried and tested putting drills to keep players engaged. Each exercise has a mini-objective, so improving your putting skills can become an entertaining activity that will help you to fine-tune your putt rather than a series of boring, repeated drill activities.
7. Best Putting Mat For Families: BOBURN Golf Putting Mat
- ⁂ Real feel – With this golf putting green you will have the actual feel that you are in a golf course. True-roll surface simulates real green conditions with a similar stimp meter...
- ☀ Heavy duty –This golf putting mat is made of the highest quality material that you can find anywhere. It has a soft high-elastic base that helps it to adhere on any surface that you...
- ☁ Golf like holes – The three golf holes on the putting green look like you are get on a golf course. They have a stainless steel flag post and the cup as well. This produces a certain...
The great thing about the BOBURN Golf putting mat is that it provides a pleasant feeling of authenticity to your putting mat experience. A border of longer grass surrounds the quality green surface of the putting surface – so kids of all ages will be excited to try out this realistic-looking game.
For golfers who want to practice their putting stroke, the large, high-quality surface provides a stimp meter reading of 10 – so it is a realistic playing surface. What we love about the cups is that they provide the distinctive steel clatter sound when a shot is successfully sunk. It gives a rewarding feeling that builds confidence and adds to the thrill of the sport.
- Works well indoors and outdoors
- Heavy-duty surface – will be able to tolerate some rough players
- Large playing area: 10 feet by 4 feet
|Attractive, easy to roll out putting mat||No measured guidelines to repeat specific drills|
|Three holes in the golf mat produce the distinctive sound when the ball lands in them. This can be highly confidence-boosting.||It may be too large for some indoor settings|
|It rolls up and is easy to carry and store||It may be too outdoorsy and informal in appearance for some corporate settings.|
|Four free stainless steel flag holders|
|The longer grass edging prevents errand balls from disappearing.|
8. Best Slope Control Putting Mat: Champkey Professional
- Package Includes : 1 * putting mat, 1 * wedge slope, 2 * bumpers , 1* golf hole , 1 * roller brush , 1 * instructions , 1* carry bag . Us copyright pending .
- Adjustable Speeds : Choose from 4 stimp tested speeds ranging from 7.5-13 on one indoor putting green.
- Custom Slope: Practice with our wedge tool to custom your slope which can improve your putting levels.
Golf greens only appear completely smooth on television. Players out experiencing the course are often surprised to find an undulating surface that could lead your well-practiced straight putt dribbling in the opposite direction from what is intended.
For players that need to practice greater control on sloping greens, the Champkey Professional may be just what you need. This nifty putting mat includes a wedge slap that can be inserted below the surface to emulate the unexpected undulations of your local golf course.
The bumpers on either side of the mat keep balls from overshooting the surface and keep everything conveniently together. The mat offers four adjustable speed surfaces – from the slowest 8 through to the PGA tour speed of 11.
- Rubber, antislip backing, so it can be used on any surface
- Indoor only
- Great for home and office
- 10 feet long
- It comes with a carry bag
|Alignment and distance control gets a boost||It may be too bitty for uncomplicated players|
|4 Different green speeds||10 ft length may be too long for some players|
|Premium velvet mat finish|
|Great for putting drills|
|Includes a putting cup|
The moveable wedge tool makes the Champkey Professional an excellent choice for anyone who struggles with sloping greens. Find your mojo at home on your mini putting mat and take your new skills live with you to your next game at the local course.
9. Most User-Friendly Putting Mat: Helixus Training Aid
- Durable Construction – The high-quality materials used for this putting green allow for this golf mat to be rolled out smoothly every single time. The durable, anti-slip rubber backing...
- Professional Mat Design – This mat design includes several features to perfect your putting technique including distance markers every 12” and alignment lines for both the clubhead path...
- Accessories – This product includes all the accessories to start improving your putting game. The regulation size cup is made from silicone to prevent it from sliding on the mat and easily...
For a quick roll-out and play putting tool that you can take anywhere, it is hard to beat the Helixus golf putting mat. It is a proudly made-in-the-USA product and features durable, high-quality foam construction.
This putting mat is easy to lay out flat, and the horizontal put alignment, vertical alignment, and distance markers are helpful indicators for golfers to practice their putts using definable aids. Slight changes in striking distance and follow-through can be made to achieve a more consistent stroke.
- 10 feet x 10 inches
- Indoor and outdoor use
- It comes with a foam backstop
- A non-slip silicone cup can be placed anywhere on the mat
- Alignment guides printed on the mat
|Made in the USA||This putting mat may be too big for some spaces|
|Suitable for home, office, or patio||No automatic ball return|
|Professionally designed training aid||It has no raised sections to practice sloped play|
|Easy to set up|
|Includes a standard-size, movable putting cup|
|Light and portable – includes a carry bag.|
|It comes with three practice balls.|
|Affordably priced and a useful putting practice tool|
10. Best Fun Putting Mat For Novice Golfers – Putterball Game
- FUN FOR EVERYBODY: Golf, what's not to love? You don’t need to be a pro golfer to to enjoy PutterBall. Learning PutterBall is extremely easy and the combination of golfing and pong is a...
- BRING IT ANYWHERE: PutterBall is ultra portable. Bring it to the beach, your backyard, your office or even your house party for the ultimate golf pong gaming experience!
- SETS UP IN MINUTES: PutterBall is super simple, easy and quick to set up. Simply take it out from the carrying case, unfold and you’re ready to game!
This is the perfect putting mat for anyone who shares a space with other people. Everyone will love this game, even if the golf bug hasn’t yet bitten them.
Putterball mat is actually a beer-pong-inspired game on its own, but it is a terrific way for golfers to practice their putting skills while still being sociable. It can be used inside or outside. The 6 cups on either end can be open, or just leave one open for more accurate putting drills. It’s a fun way to practice and show off your putting skills.
- Easy to unfold
- Light, durable light density foam
- Six cups on each side which can be covered for more precise practice shots.
- It comes with two mini putters and two golf balls.
|It makes putting a fun activity that can be shared||Doesn’t give a serious golf vibe.|
|Lightweight and easy to set up anywhere||It’s more expensive than many other putting mats|
|Holes can be covered, so for better practice, only keep one open||It doesn’t come with a carry case – that needs to be purchased separately|
|Mat is the same on both ends, so you can play multiple balls in one direction and switch and play them the other way.|
|An entertaining way to share your love of the game|
|It comes as a ready-to-play game and includes two balls and two mini-clubs.|
Although PutterBall looks like a social backyard activity, it can be a useful putting practice tool. Regular golfers will benefit more from this mat by using their own putter to have a more authentic golfing experience when practicing.
Conclusion: Best Putting Mat 2023 Has to Offer
There are a huge variety of golf putting mats available. Each type has specific features that make it more or less appealing for particular situations.
Players should consider aspects of their putting that they need to practice and match their challenges with a product that will fit their lifestyle and space.