Playing golf under the scorching sun can be very exhausting, isn’t it? But being a golf enthusiast, you do not even want to miss a good opportunity to play. While golf comes with multiple gears with multiple purposes, there is one kit that works to wipe all the weariness away once you make a use of it.
And that kit is a good old golf towel. If you are a golfer, you will know how imperative it is to have a fine quality towel. Golf towel mainly serves as cleaning the golf balls or clubs, but you can also use them to dry your hands and face as well as taking out all the debris from the gears. That’s why this best golf towel review was necessary.
However, hunting for the best golf towel might look like an easy task, but once you step outside, you will realize the opposite. And to put you out from that situation, this write has collected all the information that will keep you updated as well as will help you selecting the best.
You will find many golfers that tend to be careless regarding buying a towel and then later, end up regretting for the consequence. If you have already made a mistake over getting a low-quality towel, this write would be an expedient medium to rectify your mistake. So why waste time, let me start.
10 Best Golf Towels We Review Today Are:
- Clothlete 3 Pack Greenside Microfiber
- Callaway Golf 2018 Uptown
- Nike Microfiber Towel
- Greens Towel Microfiber
- Club Glove Caddy and Pocket Towel Set
- Team Golf NCAA Embroidered
- Simplicity 100% Terry Velour Cotton
- Team Golf NFL Embroidered
- Grip Boost GB Tri-Fold
- Spotless Swing Multi-Use Towel
Your chase for a budget friendly cloth pack might end once you get this 3 pack golf towel from the Clothlete. This is a three pack product, that is you will be getting three towels that will work for wiping all your sweat that you produce from playing golf. The towels will have three different colors that come for different purpose.
While the white one will be for your face and hands, the gray and the black ones have been made for the balls. As for the size, well you will find it quite long and this could work as both pro and con for you. However, it still manages to serve what you command it to. Hence, no more worries for getting all drenched as this best golf towel pack can come to your rescue.
- It comes with a snap attachment design that lets you snap the clothes to any part of your bag.
- The clothes are able to pin to each other so you can make one bigger one.
- The pack comes in white, black and grey color that serves different purpose.
- The white one can be used for cleaning your face and hand.
- The black and gray ones can be used to clubs and ball wiping.
- The design features absorbency of 400g per square meter to show great cleansing ability.
- It comes in 24 inches that is pretty long.
- The pack features microfiber design that works for fast drying no matter how much wet the condition is.
- Comes in reasonable price tag.
- Very washer friendly.
- The pack might not fit into your golf bag if it is already crowded with other golf gears.
- The towels come larger in size and you might have to roll or fold them up to stuff in your bag.
- The black towel might bleed its color after a contact with any kind of liquid.
Slim and sleek cloth with a touch of good quality is the reason why a towel can claim itself to be the best golf towel. And the Callaway is a brand that seems to offer it so with its 2018 Uptown towel model. This cloth measuring 21 inches by 16 inches comes with super soft touch that you will feel smooth to use it.
Albeit it comes in slimy size, yet it works amazingly for you. The Callaway has boasted it to be constructed with cotton, so the material can be a great trait for cleaning your hands and face. Like most of its enemies, the towel too has a carabineer ring with which you can attach it to almost anything that you can use for your convenience. However, there is one thing that they have been unfair in, that is putting different price tags in different colored towels or else you will find all the best traits in this cloth.
- The cotton material works the best as a towel for cleaning.
- The towel has a soft touch to feel, so you won’t feel weird using it.
- The material is durable and wash friendly.
- Comes with a metal ring so you can clip to anything for your convenience.
- Comes in a variety of colors to pick one from.
- You can use it for you or for your clubs and balls, the choice is all yours.
- It is able to clean all the wet.
- Does not get faded even after a lot of washing.
- Does not come oversized.
- Different colors come in different prices.
- You might find it pretty expensive.
- It does not have microfiber traits in it, hence no quick drying nature.
- The metal clip might not be as durable as you think.
Nike Microfiber Golf Towel
Nike is highlighted as one of the coolest luminaries in the world of sports. And whenever you look for any stuff, this brand will be there to offer a lot of its product. You can say the same for their golf towel as well. Since that little piece of cloth has bagged several positive feedbacks from its users, there is no reason to not call it the best golf towel. If you look at its traits, it features superior absorbent element for its smooth waffle weave microfiber material.
For this material, it is able to dry all the sweat out like a breeze. As for its size, well it is indeed big measuring 19 by 41 inches so there are chances to face trouble while stuffing it in your little golf bag. There is highlighted attribute as well which is the Swoosh embroidered trademark that you will get in both the sides of the towel. And this element makes the towel different than many of its rivals. But above all of these elements, the finest thing it does is cleaning all your sweat. And I don’t think you will need to look for more reason to buy it right!
- Provides great absorbency to dry all the wetness quickly for microfiber design.
- The towel comes big in size.
- Able to clean all the sweat from your face and hands.
- Swoosh embroidered trademark makes the towel different than others.
- The towel feels soft to use.
- Easy to clean as it dries out quick.
- There is no clip or hook in the towel to attach it to other stuff.
- There is no color option as it is only available in blue.
- The big size could be a trouble for you while putting it in a packed golf bag
This is another best golf towel pack that should be brought to the light for its cool cleaning performance. With their microfiber design, it is an easy guesswork how slickly the towels will wipe all the worrying wet. Moreover, it will also help in reducing all the odor to keep you clean.
To add more, there is a carabineer clip that is another trait for which you can snap it to about anything. Although the quality of the towels is top-notch, yet it has a bad habit to collect dirt from the golf ground. To talk about its quantity, you will be getting a pack of three, hence you can utilize them for different targets. And you know what the best part is? The Greens towel offers this pack for the price of one. And that’s pretty much a great deal to have something for your ‘after golf session’. If you think the pack as the best golf towel, then you can have the option to pick one from its 10 different colors measuring 16 b 16 inches square.
- Super absorbent capacity to clean you and your clubs effectively.
- The Microfiber design helps a lot in reducing odor as well as drying all the wet quickly.
- You will be getting 10 different colors to choose on from.
- Comes with a carabineer clip that works to clip it to your cart, bag, belt loops or anything.
- The towel itself is easy to clean.
- You can present yourself three for the price of one.
- The towels have the tendency to pick up the dirt from the golf ground easily.
- You might feel awful to use it in your face as it feels weird when you touch them.
- They come a bit smaller in size.
- The towels are more on the thin side.
Would you love to splash out a bit of money on a care that you can get from a towel? Then have a look at this best golf towel set that Club Glove is offering. The set includes a tour-sized caddy towel measuring 17 by 14 inch that you can use for cleaning your face and hands or for your clubs which is obvious. It also includes a pocket-sized towel that measures 8 by 12 inch that can be used for the same or different purpose as well. So, the towels do nothing but try to suit all of your golfing requirements for which they are known as the best.
With a non-abrasive and lint free design, the set aims to give a smooth cleaning without leaving any lint. Moreover, their 15 different color options create a greater range from which you can take the one of your favorite color. And if you think you are one of those picky golfers, then this color variety would work as a great option for you. Besides, being a microfiber cloth, you will find the towel to be able to absorb all the water up to 400 percent pretty quickly. Not only that, it works to dry them out fast as well. So, if these traits do not succeed to appeal you then what trait will?
- The set comes with a 17 by 40 inch tour sized towel.
- It includes an 8 by 12 inch pocket sized towel as well.
- It is able to hold up to 400% of its weight in water.
- Comes with a lint free design so that you don’t get to see even a little of lint after a wipe.
- Comes with a non-abrasive design so you can feel the smooth texture.
- The tour-sized towel consists of a center slit that lets you fit the towel on your club heads directly so can get the best cleaning.
- Absolutely wash friendly.
- Might not be as long-lasting as you’d feel it would.
- The tour-sized towel can be a bit tough to fit into a jam-packed golf bag
With the NCAA Embroidered towel by Team golf, you can wipe all the debility that you get after a tiring golf game. Infused with 100 percent cotton, the cloth is able to give you a comfortable feel after you try to clean your sweat. Moreover, it is also able to wipe all the bits and dust as well from the clubs, balls and other golf fears. Coming 16 by 22 inches in size, the Team Golf has made the cloth a tri-fold towel so that you can stuff it easily in your bag.
Besides, it also has a clip that that swivels and clips to about anything so you can find it right near you. Speaking of the clip, it does not come in metal, rather it is made of plastic, so you might feel it a bit cheap. Also, its expensive pricing could be another reason for which many of the golfers could get dissuaded. But as for the towel, it is definitely a good quality towel that does the job it is given to and does not offer disappointment. So, if you think the towel matches all your needs, you can take this best golf towel into consideration.
- The towel is thick with a smooth texture for its cotton material.
- It is pretty of good quality as the cloth does not get faded after its wash.
- It is able to clean the skin as well as golf gear amazingly.
- The swivel clip made it easier to stick it to anything for convenience.
- The design has checked scrubber to provide you effortless performance.
- The clip is made up of plastic, hence users found it a bit flimsy.
- You might step a back for its expensive costing.
- The cloth might not be durable
Although you would be preferring a towel that will offer you all the comfort yet there is another thing that you might look for in a cloth- it’s simplicity! And this is the attribute for that the brand Simplicity is known for as you can guess it already from the name itself. However, talking about the towel, this is stated to be their best golf towel that comes in pure cotton made of velour terry.
Thus, the towel has a smooth texture and you will be able to feel it so soft that it won’t give you a bad clean. Besides, another great feature of this towel would be its tendency of absorbing wetness. So if you feel weary after a long golf game, the cloth can be a great mate to wipe all your sweat after the session. Coming tri-fold in design, the cloth has been hooked with clip and this will work impressive to hook it in and out with anything you want. To talk more about it, the clip is made up of metal so you won’t be finding it cheap.
Besides, you can also carry it in your golf bag as it comes compact in size. However, if you want this best golf towel, you can pick any one of the seven colors that the brand has in their bags.
- The cotton material makes it feel soft and smooth to touch and use.
- Features great absorbency power to wipe all the sweat easily.
- Comes compact in size so you can stuff easily into your bag.
- The towel is very lightweight, hence it feels easy to carry.
- The hook is able to clip onto anything for handiness.
- The clip is made up of metal, so it doesn’t feel cheap.
- Comes in seven different colors for option.
- You might find it a bit long
- Might get faded after wash
Show your favorite team to everyone with this elegant embroidered NFL embroidered towel by Team Golf. This cloth comes with a checkered scrubber that helps in cleansing golf balls and club heads. Moreover, with 60% cotton and 40% Rayon, the towel has been made pretty durable so that it lasts long.
Though the cloth is a great quality product, yet it might give you a lot of lint after wiping your gears. So, this is something that you should take care of. However, you will find it in tri-fold design and yes you can unfold the towel. However, to talk about its measurement, the NFL measures 16 by 22 inch. So you might get it quite long while you will be carrying it. There is their signature swivel clip on the top of the towel that will let you clip it to anything. Furthermore, you can even unclip it easily as well which is quite handy for a towel. However, if you are looking for something that would wipe away all the dirt, you can check out this best golf towel from the brand.
- The stitching and pattern can look cool on your bag, so design wise it is pretty a great product.
- The clip is able to hook to anything, hence it’s very handy.
- The color does not get faded, that shows its durability.
- Able to wipe all the wetness and dirt from golf balls and club heads easily.
- The checkered scrubber does a great help.
- The clip swivels which helps more for convenience.
- You might find the towel a bit long to carry it.
- It has been sewn to stay folded so you cannot unfold the towel.
- The towel is not a lint free cloth, so you might end up with many lint after a wipe
When a towel understands when to grip and when to boost itself, it just becomes a guesstimate why the cloth is called the best golf towel. And since its manufacturer is Grip Boost, you won’t be requiring more reason to say more about it. However, just like most of its friends, this towel also comes with tri-folded design so it cannot be unfolded till you don’t cut it with scissors.
As for its traits, it is made up of microfiber that has a lot of absorbency power with a touch of versatility. The towel has a checkered design that works great as scrubber, so it is capable of cleaning all the dirt from your golf equipment. There is a tiny pocket included as well so you can keep your necessary tiny items inside it that you thing you might need with the cloth. You can use it for wiping the gears also. It comes completely as machine washable so you will not need to worry of it getting faded after wash. Besides, it is available in 3 colors and each of them has a carabineer clip that is just there for your handiness.
- Comes with a pocket to keep the gucks away from your hand.
- The pocket helps in keeping tiny golf items as well.
- Comes with a checkered design that works superb as a scrubber.
- Available in 3 colors.
- There is a hook on top so you can clip it to your bag.
- Able to clean the dirt like a breeze.
- Comes as machine washable, hence it won’t get faded soon.
- Cannot dry your hands if they are wet.
- The stitching around the pocket might not feel strong.
- Some users did not find anything great about using the pocket.
- The clip attachment might not perform well
Anything regarded as a multi-tasker defines it as the best in its versatility. And with this Spotless Swing golf towel, you can let yourself experience that. The brand has stated it to have multi-use so you think that it can serve different purpose differently. However, they have boasted it to do three functions.
Firstly, you can use it to keep your hands and face clean as well as the golf equipment. Secondly, the inner part of it helps in trapping the trashes from wet and dirty club heads. Thirdly it’s microfiber material lets you clean the dirt easily so you can prepare the club to have its next shot. Speaking more of the material, the fabric is also able to absorb over 600 percent of its weight, and that’s pretty a great feature to have. Not only that, you can also clean the towel after you are done using it since the cloth is absolutely machine washable. However, there is a clip on top as well so you can attach it to your bag easily. So if you would like to spend some bucks on a great quality towel, then this one from the Spotless Swing could be the best golf towel that you can have for yourself.
- You can keep the dirt away from your face and hands with it.
- You can clean the balls and club heads with its inner compartment.
- The inner compartment helps to trap the trashes.
- Microfiber material helps to dry the wetness quickly.
- There is a hook on top so you can clip it to the bag easily.
- Can absorb over 600 percent of its weight.
- It might shrink a bit after wash.
- It still might not meet all your requirements.
- You might find it pretty pricy
Your Golf Towel Buying Guide
Let’s have a quick look at why you need a golf towel and what are the benefits of having one, shall we?
Making the gears Dirt-free and Dry
Golf towels come with a construction of microfiber blend fabric. So it has a great absorbency power. The heft and dimension of such golf towels are usually smaller than other traditional ones. Thus, it becomes easier for you to carry one with you. Not only that, most of the cloths come with a clip that helps a lot for your handiness.
One of the foremost purposes of golf towels is, it is used to clean your golf gears including club heads or balls. Some of the tasks that the little piece of cloth does is, to buff off the grass blots on the ball, to tackle the trash in the grooves of iron and to de-sand the putter. But the uses do not end here, you can make a use of it in several other ways as well. The only thing that you need to do is, stuffing it in your bag or clipping into it.
Who really likes to have a set of mucky clubs? They don’t only look unpleasing but also they bring a lot of terrible shots with them. And for this, the only thing that can come to your rescue is a golf towel.
Wiping up those mucky gears with such a damp cloth will help you keep the gears from shaking off their sheen and inserting more years of stability.
Many of the brands offer a set of towels that you can use for personal purpose. While one towel is great for wiping off the dirt, it is also great to make you feel relaxed on the course of golf. All the golfers know how tiring it can be to play a single session of the game in wicked summertime. The sweat drips down the skin and you feel all the inflammation that does nothing but annoys you. It can also lead to loss of concentration and yes bad shots.
Thus, this kind of towels indeed helps in keeping yourself dry and sweat-free so you can have a good golf morning.
Cooling Cloth: Putting a cooling towel around the neck feels like an ice on the fire actually. So you can guess here what I am trying to talk about. A cooling towel acts like a bliss in regulating the evaporation rate. It does not only grant you a cool experience to last for hours but also calms down your weariness as well.
So whenever you have a golf game during a searing summer time, the cooling cloth will not make the game look dreadful and distressing. However, you will also need to know that these cooling towels are not a good idea for cleaning the clubs since the result will be the damage of the gear. Thus, if you plan to buy this make sure you have it for yourself only.
Traits of Track Down:
If you’ve ever purchased a low-cost towel, you might have sighted that the threads and the little lint of the cloth get out of it after you use it. And right at that you moment you go through a moment of realization that how significant it is to get a towel of good quality. Particularly in golf games where a couple of hits could make huge differences in the win and lose situation. So, a towel with a good fabric is a must have that will not flake on people. For it, you will be needing to track down a towel made up of microfiber.
Microfiber is a kind of fabric that shows its superb cleaning capacity since it does not peel and get the bits on you. The fabric also comes lightweight and you will find it really easy to get the towel into the grooves effortlessly. Moreover, this kind of fabric also helps a lot in drying all the dampness quickly. So, if you want a golf towel that benefits you several ways, look for the one with good quality material.
This is the technical part of your chase for getting the best golf towel in your hand. Just I have mentioned earlier that a great towel is the one that consists of microfiber fabric in it. This fabric is the reason for which you can determine the rate of absorbency. Basically, this absorbency rate is measured in per square meter of fiber or per square foot. Although it might look tough to relate but after a couple of conversion, it becomes an easy number for comparing. You will get many companies that give the rate via the absorbency percentage comparing to the towel weight. For instance, the higher rate ranges between 600g per square meter or you can say 600% absorbent comparing to the cloth’s weight.
Size and Snap-Hook:
Size is one of the most common factors you listed up while you think of purchasing any item. It’s the same for golf towel as well. While picking up a golf towel, you might want one that will come big in size so you can wipe all the stuff without the need of cleaning it in the same place and spreading the trashes back where you already took them off.
While you select the size of the towel, you might mull over if you would like to keep it in your pocket or in your bag. These are the two instances that you get encountered whenever you think of what size do you want. However, it is still better that you opt for a towel that comes with a hook so that you can clip it to anything, be it your bag or belt through a carabineer. So, whenever you step out to buy a towel, you must have a plan already that what size you will be needing. But it is advised to get the hooked one as it helps you for being a handy trait.
This is yet another important factor to think of while buying a golf towel since it plays a significant role in determining the durability of the cloth. Just like other products, cloths too have stability attribute, hence you must have the one that will last long. However, if you plan to grab a golf towel with a goal of using it to rub your golf balls or wipe off the clubs, then you might wish to have one that comes dark in color.
Because the rule of thumb says that the darker the towel is, the lesser you will get to see the trash inside of the fabric. And this will let you use the cloth for extensive terms. On the contrary, many brands offer white or light colored cloth that looks very pleasing. If you wish to use the towel for personal use such as wiping your sweat, then this towel can be of great use.
Perks of having a golf towel:
- The towel helps to trap the debris inside so it can keep the gears clean.
- It helps to clean all the dirt off the golf balls and clubs.
- Microfiber towel works great in rubbing the dampness and drying them out quick.
- Towels with hook can be a great trait to have it attached to the belt or golf bag for accessibility.
- The cloth can also be used for personal use, so you can clean your sweat off hands and face.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Why are Microfiber Golf Towels so popular?
There are two common materials found in case of the construction of a golf towel: one is cotton and the other is microfiber. But it has been observed that the microfiber has outweighed over the other one for which it became so popular. The reason of its popularity is that it is able to trap the dirt inside very well and can be washed also to keep it clean. Another reason is that microfiber golf towel absorbs the damp fast and also dries them out quickly. Not only that, they are also machine washable and comes in lightweight.
Q: How do you measure the absorbency rate?
A: The rate of absorbency is measured in either per square foot or per square meter. Mostly it is stated in percentage. For example, if a company wants to state a towel having a high rate of 500 gram per square meter, they will state it having 500% absorbent power comparing to the heft of the cloth.
Q: Does the plastic hook last long?
A: Most of the golf towels come with a hook that either is found in plastic or metal. Hook is one of the vital attribute since it helps in snapping it to your bag easily. If you go for the plastic hook and expects it to last long, then you are wrong. Many of the plastic hook has been felt cheap among the golfers and got disappointed since they could not prove its durability. Hence, in case of which one is durable, I would the metal hook is more durable than the plastic hook.
Picking up the best golf towel can make your golf game somewhat easier. And for this it is essential that you get to pick the right one so that you can have the finest experience.
There are many golfers who look offhand to think of having a towel of fine quality and they happen to put less bucks for it. So I would say even if you want to grab inexpensive cloth, make sure it is of good quality. And for this, I have spilled the 10 best golf towels that have not only proven itself to be the best but also have earned a lot of love from the golfers.