11 Best Waterproof Golf Shoes for 2023 Season
When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a teeny-tiny 🤏 affiliate commission.
Some avid golfers enjoy golfing in any weather, including torrential downpours and howling winds. This is where waterproof golf shoes step in. Most people don’t enjoy having cold and soggy feet, but waterproof golf shoes allow these troopers to trek through it to their hearts’ content, with dry feet to boot.
The best waterproof golf shoes are the ECCO Biom Hybrid 4 Gore-Tex. These popular spikeless shoes are 100% waterproof and excel in performance, stability, durability, and fit. In addition, their leather uppers are breathable and look neutral enough to be worn on and off the course.
When looking for the best golf shoes for wet environments, you don’t want to waste your money on water-resistant ones. Eventually, they won’t be able to keep the water at bay, and you’ll end up with water sloshing around inside your shoe.
Instead, look at the waterproof golf shoe options below. They’ve been categorized to help make your decision-making easier.
1. Best Overall: ECCO Biom Hybrid 4 Gore-Tex
ECCO takes the trophy with their Biom Hybrid 4 Gore-Tex range of 100% waterproof golf shoes. These durable winners retain their breathability while keeping your feet completely dry. Regarding performance, the ECCO Hybrid 4 doesn’t disappoint either. The toe box is spacious enough to allow your toes to maneuver while your heel sits firmly in the back section.
The ECCO Biom H4 range offers maximum grip and stability with its market-leading technology. The range also has a BOA (a unique dial, lace, and guide arrangement) option to customize the fit of your shoes to your feet. Moreover, these all-rounders are available in various color choices in men's and women's sizes.
These neutral spikeless shoes can match different outfits on and off the course – their leather uppers enhance their shelf appeal. Additionally, because the ECCO Biom H4 has soft edges around the ankles, you can wear them without socks.
As comfortable as the ECCO Hybrid 4 shoes are, some feel they could be slightly softer underneath. However, there’s enough give to provide a solid base for when you swing and for walking. In addition, the traction of the outsole grip will impress you – even when mud gets stuck in the grooves.
- 100% waterproof
- Modern, premium, subtle styling
- Excellent comfort and protection
- Excellent golf-specific performance
- Exceptional stability and traction
- Built to the highest standards
- BOA option
- Not as soft-feeling underfoot
- Upper soils easily
- Some users report a narrow fit
2. Best For Wide Feet: FootJoy Pro SL Range
FootJoy’s Pro SL range offers exceptional golf shoes for all types of feet and preferences. The range has various options, but we like that they have four width options. This is especially helpful for those with broad feet who prefer to avoid having their feet cramped or wearing shoes that are too big.
The 100% waterproof leather used for the FootJoy Pro SL range is “Chromoskin.” It is lightweight, breathable, supple, and durable and is developed by Pittards of England. Superior traction is supplied by an Infinity outsole with a larger surface and more contact points. Infinity soles are great for golfers with “busy legs” during a swing because they offer greater stability.
FootJoy reckons their Pro SL range is their most comfortable spikeless golf shoe yet. They achieve this with their Dual-Density D2 midsole and firm FTF (fine tune foam) on the perimeter and soft FTF underfoot.
One of the options in the FootJoy Pro SL range is the FootJoy Pro SL Carbon. This feature includes a lightweight carbon insert which aids stability. The inlay snaps back into its natural position, providing more energy return during walking and reducing foot fatigue.
Additionally, it has an “Ortholite FitBed,” which provides customized comfort. The Pro SL Carbon costs more than the other shoes in the range, plus it has a BOA option.
All FootJoy Pro SL golf shoes have an integrated Power Harness, which provides lateral and medial support to the foot. This support, in conjunction with their other shoe technology, allows you maximum power and control throughout the swing.
Regarding appearance, the FootJoy Pro SL range is classy and versatile, allowing you to wear them with a broad range of golf attire. However, some users prefer not to wear them beyond the bounds of the course and clubhouse.
- Outstanding stability and traction for a spikeless shoe
- Versatile due to clean and smart aesthetics
- Lightweight and durable design
- Comfortable straight out of the box
- BOA option
- FootJoy Pr/SL Carbon option for added stability and customized comfort
- Four width options
- 100% waterproof
- Made from high-quality materials
- The style hasn’t changed much from the previous design
- Uppers could be more comfortable
- Some users report narrow toe box
- Leather tends to scuff
Follow the links below to check out the FootJoy Pro SL range.
3. Best For Stability: Under Armour HOVR Drive 2
- Under Armour’s mission is to make all athletes better through passion, design and the relentless pursuit of innovation
- Where we started? It all started with an idea to build a superior T-shirt
- The technology behind Under Armour's diverse product assortment for men, women and youth is complex, but the program for reaping the benefits is simple: wear HeatGear when it's hot, ColdGear...
If you are looking for waterproof golf shoes that provide excellent stability, look no further than Under Armour's HOVR Drive 2 range. These 100% waterproof golf shoes are available in spiked and spikeless models and offer options for golfers with wide feet.
This upgraded model has a much sleeker upper silhouette that creates a locked-in feeling while looking more dynamic in aesthetics. In addition, the uppers are made using Under Armour’s Storm technology. This woven fabric repels water and keeps your feet dry. This lightweight and breathable fabric also provide additional support as it molds to your feet.
With its biomechanical design, the Under Armour HOVR Drive 2 offers exceptional stability and support for golfers. The outsole of the HOVR Drive 2 provides horizontal, vertical, and rotational traction. The 3D-molded heel cup construction of the outsole locks in the heel by creating a vacuum around it, providing exceptional stability throughout the specific movement of a golf swing.
The midsole of the HOVR Drive 2 provides an almost-unrivaled sense of stability and grip, too. This can be attributed to Under Armour’s proprietary cushioning foam, which offers excellent energy return and comfort during movement.
The toe box is rounded and designed for all-day comfort. Some users have mentioned these shoes can feel a bit firm the first time you wear them, but the HOVR foam will soften after a round.
- Excellent traction in all conditions
- Feet feel ‘locked in’ and supported
- A good-looking spiked model
- Integrated lacing system
- Optimal support from the upper
- Lightweight design
- Two-year limited waterproof warranty
- A bit firm out of the box
- High maintenance
- Laces are a bit short for proper lockdown for some feet
- Wide toe box can allow feet to slide
4. Best Value: Skechers Torque
Suppose you’re on a budget but looking for a great waterproof golf shoe. You’ll find the Skechers Torque Waterproof Golf Shoe excellent value in that case. The synthetic upper has a leather-look finish, an almost-seamless design, and a lace-up front. In addition, the waterproof fabric is protected by Skechers H2GO technology, making it 100% waterproof.
For golfers looking for a Skechers Torque with full-grain leather uppers, there’s the Skechers Men's Go Torque Pro Waterproof Golf Shoe Sneaker. These offer many of the same benefits as the Skechers Men’s Torque Waterproof Golf Shoe but do not look as sleek in their design.
The construction of Skechers Torque includes a molded rubber grip bottom sole for food traction on wet grass. Additionally, Skechers’ Goga Max resalyte technology on the insoles provides high-rebound cushioning for increased comfort.
The three-quarter-inch heel is ideal for golfers who feel their golf clubs are too long for them. In addition to being waterproof, Skechers Torque golf shoes provide ample grip. Each shoe has eight replaceable soft spikes too.
- 100% waterproof with Skechers H2GO shield
- Great value
- Ultra-lightweight and durable
- Replaceable soft spikes
- Good grip
- Diamond-design traction plate outsole
- 1-year waterproof protection
- Some users say they could be more lightweight and durable
5. Best For Comfort: Nike Air Zoom Victory Tour 2
- More Benefits Molded heel cup helps support your foot.
- Internal foam pods cushion your heel.
- Product Details 2-year waterproof
Nike designed these fantastic waterproof spiked golf shoes with Rory McIlroy’s swing in mind. Nike Air Zoom Victory Tour 2 golf shoes offer superior comfort while being sporty and classy simultaneously.
Their superior comfort derives from the Air Zoom insert and the internal React foam pods under the heel. This, in conjunction with the molded heel cups and added ankle support, creates additional support and stability for walking and taking a swing.
Nike Air Zoom Victory Tour 2 golf shoes also offer excellent traction on the turf of all lies. These performance-boosting shoes provide all the essentials a golfer needs, including a traditional-style look with fresh and modern details.
- 100% waterproof
- Great comfort from the box
- Sporty and classy looking
- Solid grip and stability
- Great cushioning
- Excellent grip for improved gameplay
- Keeps feet dry and warm
- Easily cleaned
- Good value for money
- 2-year waterproof warranty
- Lacks breathability
- Hard to find cleat replacement
- The spikes might take a little getting used to
6. Best Spiked: Under Armour Men’s Charged Draw RST
- Breathable & durable microfiber leather upper with Never-Wet treatment to keep you cool & dry
- fresh Ortholite️ sockliner for unmatched underfoot comfort & breathability
- Charged Cushioning midsole uses compression ed foam for ultimate responsiveness & durability
If you’re looking for the best 100% waterproof spiked golf shoes, Under Armour Men's Charged Draw RST golf shoes are your best bet. Unlike many spiked shoes that lack comfort, these shoes provide much comfort. The comfort you’ll experience comes from the shock-absorbing UA Charged cushioning, a cushioned midsole, and compression-molded foam.
The traction on UA Charged Draw RST golf shoes is supplied by Rotational Resistance spikes. These will give you ground on any lie of the course, improving your stability and reducing the risk of falls.
UA Charged Draw RST golf shoes are suitable for people with broad feet, even though they don’t have different width options. However, the wider fitting does help with breathability. So, if you’re looking for comfortable spiked shoes to keep your feet dry and boost your performance, the UA Charged Draw RST golf shoes are for you.
- 100% waterproof
- One-year waterproof guarantee
- Good value
- Amazing traction
- Good for wide feet
- Spiked golf shoes are not for everyone
- Those with narrow feet might find them too wide
7. Best Spikeless: Adidas CodeChaos Range
We’ve chosen Adidas CodeChaos as the best spikeless waterproof golf shoes because of their unique style and fantastic features. The striking features of these shoes will grab the attention of others while making your swing feel sure and steady.
Adidas CodeChaos comes in many distinctive color options. Golfers keen on expressing themselves will love their eye-catching looks. The 100% waterproof multi-layer mesh of the uppers is breathable and lightweight. At the same time, the TwistGrip technology on the spikeless rubber outsoles offers maximum stability.
These shoes are a bit pricey, but you’ll get your money’s worth with them. They boast a supportive heel, a full-length boost midsole that puts a spring in your step, and a sock liner for extra cushioning. This fantastic combination of technology will provide you with optimal energy return and superb comfort.
Please look at Adidas Men's CodeChaos 22 and Adidas Women's W CodeChaos BOA to get an idea of how awesome they are.
- 100% waterproof
- BOA option
- Excellent grip and stability
- Amazing comfort
- Good breathability
- Made with recycled materials
- They may run ½ size small
- Restrictive toe box
- Cleaning the outsole takes time
8. Best For Breathability: ECCO Cool Pro Gore-Tex
For those who get hot and sweaty (and maybe funky) feet easily, ECCO Cool Pro golf shoes are here to save the day. These waterproof shoes offer a unique look with ECCO perforated leather and exhaust-like openings on the midsole.
The Gore-Tex Surround openings work as two-way valves releasing hot air and moisture and allowing cool air to flow through with each step you take. The spikeless sole offers great stability with its patented ECCO Spyder-Grip technology. Additionally, these shoes are extra-durable in high-wear areas plus provide rotational support for your ankles and joints.
The leather uppers are protected by Gore-Tex Surround 100% waterproof technology, while the comfortable and moisture-wicking insole is removable. So, for the sweaty feet out there, the ECCO Cool Pro Gore-Tex is for you.
- 100% waterproof
- Gore-Tex Surround technology for airflow
- Excellent rotational support
- Moisture-wicking, removable insole
- Low heel backing might rub uncomfortably
You can follow the links to view ECCO Cool Pro Gore-Tex Golf Shoes for Men and ECCO Cool Pro Gore-Tex Golf Shoes for Women.
9. Best For Traction: Adidas Tour 360 XT Spikeless
- Leather and microfiber synthetic upper
- Spikeless Puremotion outsole for enhanced flexibility and grip with X-Traxion primary lugs for grip and balance
Adidas Tour 360 XT spikeless waterproof golf shoes are your go-to if you’re looking for traction – especially in wet conditions. The low-profile outer sole of these shoes has X-shape designs that provide exceptional grip on the greens and any lie. Additionally, these shoes have a built-in Tortion X stability bar plus an Insite sock liner that promotes balance and fit.
The uppers are made of full-grain leather with a 100% waterproof membrane, keeping your feet bone dry despite inclement weather. In addition, the leather has a super-soft feel against your skin, adding to the shoe’s already-impressive comfort levels.
Speaking of comfort, the Adidas Tour 360 XT boasts Boost Technology with enhanced cushioning for the soles of your feet. So, if you’re looking for a comfortable waterproof golf shoe, check out the Adidas Tour 360 XT spikeless here.
- 100% waterproof
- Torsion X stability bar for balance
- Low profile outsole
- Boost technology provides maximum comfort
- The leather upper feels soft
- Fantastic comfort with Boost technology
- Some users report the shoes are a narrow fit
- Some users reported they were not as breathable as they’d hoped
10. Best Traditional Style: G/Fore Gallivanter
The G/Fore Gallivanter is a 100% waterproof golf shoe that looks traditional but hints at modernity. Their classic look contrasts the patterned sole with a bespoke spike design. Those fancy cleats will keep you secure through your swing because they provide so much traction.
What’s excellent about G/Fore Gallivanters is that they have a triple-density foam to cushion your feet. Additionally, their unique insole has tiny ridges that massage your feet while you walk. Some users claimed it felt odd initially, but it felt nice once they got used to getting a foot massage while walking.
These comfortable, grippy, and traditionally-styled golf shoes are breathable and come in over five color options.
- 100% waterproof
- Traditional look with a dash of modern attitude
- Very comfortable
- Excellent traction
- Spare pair of laces
- More than five color options
- Narrow fit
- Not available on Amazon
11. Best For Tours: FootJoy Tour Alpha
- PERFORMANCE LEATHER - ChromoSkin leather, developed by Pittards of England, is a supple, lightweight, durable and 100% waterproof leather.
- MAXIMUM COMFORT - Tour Alpha utilizes an OrthoLite Fit-Bed to ensure all-day underfoot comfort. OrthoLite does not take a set, so the cushioning will remain the same for the life of the...
- EXCEPTIONAL STABILITY - Forefoot stability clip.
The FootJoy Tour Alpha is one of the most impressive waterproof golf shoes on the market, ideal for serious golfers. These shoes provide remarkable stability and grip, which is expected when you see the technology on the sole and, specifically, the heel area. It almost looks as if these shoes were made for golfing on ice.
FootJoy has employed its Optimized Performance Stabilizer (OPS) in its Tour Alpha range. OPS comprises three components. They are:
- A molded 3D heel counter that locks your heel in place during your swing.
- The heel counter anchors the midsole and a midfoot piece that is designed for stability and comfort.
- An A-Frame TPU structure holds everything together and epitomizes stability in a golf shoe.
With stability sorted, comfort is provided by Ortholites Impressions Fitbed. You will find the FootJoy Tour Alpha shoes fit to be snug, evenly encapsulating your feet. The Chromo-Skin leather looks classic and clean, and the soles look like an engineering feat. FootJoy Tour Alphas golf shoes are available with the BOA option, too.
- Excellent swing support
- Modern and premium styling
- Snug and comfy
- A bit of overkill for the casual golfer
Recap: Best Waterproof Golf Shoes
In this article, we’ve looked at our 11 best waterproof golf shoes. Overall, the ECCO Biom Hybrid 4 Gore-Tex is our favorite. However, we covered the best spiked and spikeless waterproof golf shoes for comfort, breathability, traction, stability, and more.
Now you can go and play like a kid in the rain and still keep your feet dry. Win-win.