Over the past ten years, golf equipment has improved, and with new and improved clubs, bags, and other golf accessories, shoes demonstrate that they not only keep up but also surpass some. Golf shoemakers find it challenging to meet the diverse golfer demands, but they manage to do so! The following are some of the best golf shoes available today.
Here are the best golf shoes on the market:
- The Best Golf Shoe for Men: Adidas CodeChaos
- The Best Golf Shoe for Women: Ecco Biom H4
- The Best Spiked Golf Shoe: UnderArmour HOVR Drive 2 Golf Shoe
- The Best Spikeless Golf Shoe: Skechers GO GOLF Drive 5
- The Best Golf Shoe for Walking: New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL
- The Best Golf Shoe Overall: Adidas Tour360 Golf Shoes
Best Golf Shoes for Men: Adidas CodeChaos
- Regular fit
- Lace closure
- Waterproof film over textile upper
One glance at the Adidas Codechaos golf shoe reveals that Adidas granted its designers complete creative freedom to create this striking spike-less shoe based on some of their best innovations for golf shoes to date. The brand-new wraparound outsole of the CodeChaos is the first thing that stands out.
The CodeChaoshas a striking appearance in the seven colors it offers but also a sizable performance advantage. You will feel the extra traction on the sides of your feet and the CodeChaos is one of the most stable spikes-less golf shoes, particularly in the area around the balls of your feet.
The Adidas CodeChaos Fit
Given the comfort, support, and grip the Codechaos provides, it is one of the most comfortable golf shoes; they are so comfortable you may forget you are wearing them.
- The CodeChaos is equipped with Adidas’ Boost technology, a feature of the company’s golf shoes.
- The firm claims that the Boost midsole provides immediate comfort, and the Codechaos sneakers will break in quickly.
- The arches of your feet feel slightly raised because of the midsole, and it causes very little foot fatigue even after walking 18 holes.
- The experience wearing the CodeChaos is comparable to that of the Ecco Biom C4 or Skechers Go Golf Drive 5, which works to distribute your foot weight more evenly to prevent foot strain.
- Breathability is impressive, especially for a non-leather upper, and it leaves your feet cool even in hot conditions, something you don’t often get from a synthetic upper.
The Adidas CodeChaos Traction
Another area where Codechaos excels is grip. Spike-less shoes are becoming increasingly competent at handling wet circumstances, and the Codechaos is no exception. Although the Codechaos is generally a fair-season shoe, you can wear it confidently in inclement weather.
The Adidas CodeChaos Durability
Adidas golf shoes are some of the best available in the golfing arena. The CodeChaos proves that durability is a major component and requirement in the company’s manufacturing requirements.
It is important to note that the top comprises at least 50% recycled material as part of the company’s End Plastic Waste effort. The material on the upper is surprisingly simple to clean, and there is a one-year waterproof guarantee for extra assurance if you wear these during the winter.
The Adidas CodeChaos Look
Adidas is known for making beautiful golf shoes, and each of the CodeChaos seven available colors has a stunning appearance that will surely add some glamor to your golf look.
Overall, this is another one of Adidas’s excellent products, and despite its flashy appearance, the CodeChaos work quietly and well as you go about the golf course. The features of the outsole have transferred to the side of the shoe, while the general silhouette is like the original Codechoas from 2020.
Best Golf Shoes for Women: Ecco Biom H4
- ECCO FLUIDFORM Direct Comfort Technology for cushioning, rebound and flexibility
- X-TENSA INVISIBLE TECHNOLOGY links the sole unit to the laces via internal enforcement for enhanced stability
- BIOM NATURAL MOTION Technology brings you closer to the ground for stability and control
Ecco, a brand well-known for its conventional, upscale design, is reaching out to younger consumers with the sleek and contemporary Biom H4. The new BOA option for ladies features a distinctive dial, lace, and guide design that is stunning and raises the bar for comfort.
The firm is pleased to introduce the innovative BOA lacing system, which allows you to adjust the fit and enhance your enjoyment of golf.
The Ecco Biom H4 Fit
The Biom H4’s interior does not let you down, offering extra space up front for your toes while keeping the back part more securely in place. Golfers require the ability to move with ease while being locked in place to maximize grip and stability. The emphases remain on how great the BOA lacing system is and how it does not take away from the appearance and is more practical on top of the tongue.
The spikeless shoe isn’t the softest feeling underfoot, but there’s a time and place when you do not want your golf shoes to feel too squishy on the course, and importantly there is enough give there to not feel heavy when walking while offering a strong basis for your swing.
The Ecco Biom H4 Traction
The main reason you need a good golf shoe is traction, and the Biom H4 has exceptional traction from the outsole. Even though mud may collect in the deep channels when it’s rainy, this won’t impact your ability to maintain traction, so you can wear it with assurance.
The Ecco Biom H4 Durability
Throughout 18 holes, the Biom H4’s sole will keep its stability, and its Gore-Tex membrane assures you if you get caught in a passing shower. The H4 is more than ideal for wearing off the course because it is lightweight and has a modern yet modest design. If you choose, you can wear these sockless thanks to the softer area around the ankle.
The Ecco Biom H4 Look
The Biom H4 met all of the stylistic requirements with this amazing golf shoe, and because of its general neutrality, you will find it flattering and go with various outfits.
Colorful accents, an embossed leather top, and a brown leather patch on the tongue of Bioms’ H4 women’s golf shoe make it stand out. With four color variations, there is plenty of choices, and it finds the ideal balance between being aesthetically pleasing without being flashy. Still, it is more of a summer shoe.
Best Spiked Golf Shoe: UnderArmour HOVR Drive 2
- Under Armour’s mission is to make all athletes better through passion, design and the relentless pursuit of innovation
- Where we started? It all started with an idea to build a superior T-shirt
- The technology behind Under Armour's diverse product assortment for men, women and youth is complex, but the program for reaping the benefits is simple: wear HeatGear when it's hot, ColdGear...
The Hovr Drive 2 is the pinnacle of improved grip and a stylish overall design from UnderArmour. Golfers highly respect the brand because they provide comfortable golf shoes and continuously introduces new technological advancements.
The new Hovr Drive 2 is one of the year’s most comprehensive spiked golf shoes combined with four-dimensional traction.
The UnderArmour Hovr Drive 2 focuses on foot assistance throughout your golf swing motion. You may not realize it, but swinging a golf club requires a lot of athleticism, and you need the correct golf shoes with outstanding grip to sustain those motions.
The UnderArmour HOVR Drive 2 Fit
Comfort is a key characteristic of the Hovr Drive 2; although initially, the feeling out of the box is on the firmer side, the Hovr foam quickly softens after wearing it with a few holes.
UnderArmour Hovr cushioning foam ensures that comfort never wanes and that energy is always replenished. The foam is positioned in the midsole, promotes the golf swing’s natural motion, and provides comfort to the bottom of the foot.
The UnderArmour HOVR Drive 2 Traction
The Hovr Drive 2 specifically concentrate on the grip because the brand knows that without a good grip, you may as well play with your sneakers, and their design provides the best.
- The Hovr Drive 2’s outsole has been designed with biomechanical principles to provide traction so that a player can move in any direction without the fear of losing grip.
- The 3D molded heel cup structure forms an air pocket around the heel to ensure remarkable stability when you swing and provides the most persuasive evidence for this traction.
- The Hovr Drive 2’s grip on the course is almost unparalleled, not to mention its steadiness with the energy return of the midsole that keeps you fresh and energized.
The spiked outsole on the brand-new Hovr Drive 2 parallels the UnderArmour Hovr Tour SL’s success, which had the players buzzing with its amazing spikeless design.
The UnderArmour HOVR Drive 2 Durability
With the Hovr Drive 2 player, you can enjoy playing in the rain without damaging your shoes, thanks to the extra-thin waterproof membrane. Included with this waterproof technology, the Hovr Drive 2 still provides breathability even after 18 holes. Air flows through this amazing golf shoe and keeps your feet from becoming hot.
The UnderArmour HOVR Drive 2 Looks
Creating a golf shoe with a great grip is important, but golfers may choose another route if it is not aesthetically pleasing. The manufacturer ensured that they combined good looks with great performance with Hovr Drive 2.
The brand showcased a revised top silhouette substantially more slimline than earlier designs, enhancing the four-dimensional traction. The top of the golf shoe is nearer to the foot because of the heel cup and design of the outsole resulting in greater support around the foot.
Best Spikeless Golf Shoe: Skechers GO GOLF Drive 5 Fit
- Skechers Arch Fit insole provides podiatrist-certified arch support.
- Lightweight, resilient polyurethane cushioning
- Goodyear rubber outsole for enhanced traction, stability, and durability.
According to the brand, Skechers produces top golf shoes available today, and they rate highly against rivals in terms of comfort, durability, and grip. One of the most crucial factors is how well the best spike-less golf shoes work when the weather is against you.
The new Go Golf Drive 5 is undoubtedly one of Skechers’ extremely comfortable models. The adaptable, casual, waterproof, spike-less golf shoe provides a light feeling and has insole technology called Arch Fit that podiatrists have approved to give arch support.
The Skechers GO GOLF Drive 5 Fit
Skechers understands the importance of comfort and that wearing golf shoes that cause discomfort will divert your attention from the crucial goal of making outstanding golf shots. The heel of previous models made by the brand occasionally sat too high, but not with the Go Golf Drive 5 version.
With the new Go Golf Drive 5, there is a lot of cushioning available, especially in the heel area, instantly making them feel like one of the comfortable shoes you regularly wear at home. Because the Go Golf Drive 5 is so comfortable, you will enjoy playing in them and at the same time walking to the clubhouse.
The Skechers GO GOLF Drive 5 Traction
The Go Golf Drive 5s’ grip qualities perform great in wet situations, and the first thing you will notice is the Goodyear branding on the eye-catching red pimpled sole. The Go Golf Drive 5 does not slide even in settings where you may anticipate the occasional foot slip, thanks to a great design and manufacturing excellence.
The Skechers GO GOLF Drive 5 Durability
The new Go Golf Drive 5 are waterproof, and for the golfer who finds themselves in wet conditions, it certainly will hold up great and keep their feet dry. Being waterproof speaks volumes about the durability of the new Go Golf Drive 5 and the manufacturing quality that highlights its strength and performance in any climate.
The Skechers GO GOLF Drive 5 Looks
Skechers is a multipurpose golf shoe that works great on the course but just as well when you are not playing. Because the Go Golf Drive 5 is modern but has a safe appearance, it will not look awkward at the clubhouse or High Street. The sole is slightly elevated, and it may take a while before you get used to walking on hard surfaces.
The Go Golf Drive 5 is an attractive all-purpose waterproof shoe that functions and looks fantastic. It adapts to every situation easily and will hold its beautiful aesthetics for many games.
Best Golf Shoe for Walking: New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL
- 100% welded waterproof FantomFit upper for ultralight support
- Exoskeleton spikeless TPU outsole designed to move with the natural motion of your foot
- Fresh Foam X midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, responsive & lightweight feel
The brand-new New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL Golf Shoe has established a solid reputation as a supportive and comfortable walking shoe.
The lightweight, stylish New Balance Fresh Foam Golf Shoe provides comfort and support and is well-built, attractive, and competitively priced.
Here is a breakdown of the New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL Golf Shoe and some of the features that make it the best golf shoe for walking.
The New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL Fit
New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL golf shoe shouts comfort in every aspect of its design. This golf shoe makes walking 18 holes feel like 9 holes, and they are so comfortable you will probably forget that you are wearing them.
- Excellent cushioning is present throughout the New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL Shoes. While walking, the Fresh Foam feels incredibly soft without being overly mushy or loose.
- The thick heel padding is particularly well-wrapped around the Achilles to prevent your feet from rubbing while walking.
- The uppers made of FantomFit are very flexible and comfortable. Because of this, you can walk about the golf course in comfort.
- The uppers are flexible in the correct places and maintain their shape effectively, so they are comfortable and fashionable even after heavy use.
New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL shoes have one negative; they run slightly smaller than their other models and are slightly tighter in the toe box area. They don’t pinch or seem small when you first put them on, but after around 9 holes, you may feel it in your toes. They start to stretch out after a few rounds to the point that your toes aren’t bothered by them.
New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL may not be for you if you have wide feet, but they are ideal if you want something a little more on the narrow side.
The New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL Traction
The TPU outsole of the New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL Shoes features many square lugs and an exoskeleton design. It holds incredibly well, flexes nicely with each step, and provides enough grip to put muscle into each swing without stress.
On tiled flooring, the TPU seems slightly slick and clicks when you step on them, giving it a plastic-like impression. Wearing them while on the course feels great and provides enough traction, although you should exercise caution if you walk on slick flooring.
The New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL Durability
The New Balance Fresh Foam X is known for its comfort, but the manufacturers spared no expense to ensure that with that comfort comes durability.
The FantomFit upper on the New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL Shoes is exceptionally light and provides outstanding waterproof protection. After several rounds and days of wearing these shoes, it also stays incredibly clean from dust and dirt, and the texture and small features make them look brilliant.
The New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL Looks
Since its founding, New Balance has mostly been known as a supportive, comfortable footwear brand. Regardless of their appearance, people frequently purchase New Balance because they benefit their feet.
New Balance Fresh Foam X Defender SL is among the most attractive shoes ever created by the brand. It looks wonderful when the stark white combines shades of grey and snow camo.
The Black and Grey models are beautiful, but the White ones really “Shine.” Smooth lines and a sharp design combine a nice-looking shoe that goes well with shorts or Pants.
Best Golf Shoe Overall: Adidas Tour360
- Men's golf shoes made for performance
- Leather upper for smooth comfort
- Boost midsole for responsive cushioning
Adidas debuted the iconic Tour360 golf shoe almost two decades ago, and now the Tour360 version is introduced because of its predecessors, the Tour360s’ significant commercial success over the years.
Adidas found a way to better the original and bring it into the modern game by taking its design, analyzing its success, and implementing those ideas into the new model.
Golf shoes must perform, and the Tour360 provides more than looks and durability; it also focuses on the fit to provide comfort and traction for stability because those areas affect all golfers. Here is a fit, traction, look, and durability breakdown of the new Tour360:
The Adidas Tour360 Fit
The Tour360 replicates the foot’s shape in its natural state and allows for full foot motion, even during the golf swing. The shoe has no fixed shape; instead, it wraps itself around the foot. The Tour360 golf shoe incorporates a Dualstack Midsole, Geofit Collar Pad, and Insite Sockliner to give every golfer the perfect fit and comfort.
- The Dualstack Midsole boost cushioning combined with the EVA stability frame technology provides comfort around the front and arch of the foot.
- The top Geofit Collar Pad molds to the golfer’s foot to offer a more snug and comfortable fit.
- The Tour360 Insite Sockliner molds to the specific shape of each foot, particularly the heel.
The stiff heel is the lone drawback, but that is intentional to keep the heel locked in, and the technology will benefit players with plantar fasciitis issues.
The Adidas Tour360 Traction
This Adidas Tour360 is great in dry and wet conditions and provides great grip in all conditions, and its cleats are directly injected into the sole, so you won’t ever lose them. The cleat’s touch, combined with various spikes and traction elements, grip the ground and does not create large indentations on the greens.
The Adidas Tour360 Durability
The Tour360 is considered one of the best golf shoes, and durability is vital; despite its lightweight, it is sturdy and extremely well-made.
- The upper features are made from premium rich leather, which is 100 percent waterproof.
- It comes with a one-year waterproof warranty for peace of mind and proof of the Tour360 quality.
- Adidas incorporates recycled material into the Tour360 design as part of the brand’s goal to end plastic waste.
- The Tour360 is durable, and its leather upper and outsole are easy to clean.
A small drawback is that the Boost technology is tough to get clean and because the stripes come away from the upper part of the shoe, dirt gets behind it.
The Adidas Tour360 Looks
Adidas knew that the classic Tour360 and its three-stripe design were successful, and they stuck with the design and only added some modern touches to make the new Tour360 stand out. Adidas has shown restraint, and because of that, the Tour360 is still a great-looking shoe.
Five different Tour360 will be available, including BOA and laced versions for men and women and a lace-only version for junior golfers.
Key Takeaways: Best Shoes for Golfing in 2023
You are sure to find a golf shoe that meets your need in the list of the best golf shoes, regardless of whether you seek a stylish, comfortable, durable golf shoe with or without spikes.
Each manufacturer tackles a particular need with their product, and although some do well across the board, some shine in particular areas. Every golfer will find a pair among the many styles that are offered.