Do you need help with your short game? Are you struggling to regularly and consistently sink golf balls on the green? If you are having any trouble with your green or short game, then this article is for you, as it will detail the best mallet putters currently available.
The Odyssey Eleven is currently considered to be the best mallet putter worldwide. With an incredible MOI, outstanding alignment options, a forgiving nature, and a confidence-inspiring design, the Odyssey Eleven Putter is a remarkable piece of golf equipment for players of any skill level.
Since first being introduced, mallet putters have developed into highly desirable golf clubs, mainly due to their exceptionally forgiving nature, appropriate alignment capabilities, and unmatched variety.
Mallet putters are suitable for most golfers globally, with proponents correctly claiming they have enlarged sweet spots, a notable lack of twisting at the point of contact, and a solid overall feel. Keep reading if you’re in the market for a new putter…and don’t want to screw it up!
What Are The Best Mallet Putters In 2023?
Throughout global golfing circles, golf putters such as mallet putters are gaining increased traction, popularity, and favoritism due to their exceptional modern designs and playing characteristics.
Over the previous decade, the best mallet putters tended to consist of weighty designs, with the club face being considerably larger than those seen on traditional blade putters.
While some golf traditionalists claim mallet putters remove some required skill from the game, modern players note that these new putters have revolutionized the game in some key areas.
It is well known that most mallet putters come standard with exceptional alignment qualities, which many big-name golf brands seamlessly combine with an enlarged club face, allowing players to putt straight and consistently despite being relatively new to the game.
Over the past few years, mallet putter designs have continuously improved, with designers experimenting with different forms of weight distribution. Manufacturers can enhance a player’s stroke balance by redistributing the considerable weight associated with mallet putters while ensuring the club head remains as stable as possible.
Mallet putters are globally revered for their incredibly forgiving characteristics, which is caused by the club’s dramatically enhanced sweet spot. In addition, mallet putters do not allow for any club face rotation at the crucial point of contact, enormously benefitting ball alignment and shot accuracy.
In 2023, there are numerous premium, desirable, and advantageous mallet putters, which can make choosing the most suitable option challenging. However, this article will list and detail the current best mallet putters, allowing players to make the most informed and beneficial choice possible.
1. The Odyssey Eleven Putter
- The Eleven shape advances the forgiveness and alignment properties of our major winning Ten model. It’s designed to help you properly frame the ball with the right alignment at address,...
- The newest generation of Odysseys proven multi-material Stroke Lab shaft features even better performance. By shortening the steel section, they reduced the weight by seven grams. It’s...
The Odyssey Eleven Putter is an incredible golf club overall, with its outstanding alignment capabilities and confidence-enhancing shape being its stand-out features.
After an extensive testing process, it became clear that the Odyssey Eleven Putter’s standard MOI is exceptional. Most experienced golfers know that a high MOI increases the club’s general forgiveness, especially when it makes contact with the ball on the outer edges of the putter’s face.
The Odyssey Eleven Putter is no exception, with the golf club sporting one of the highest MOIs to date. In addition, the Odyssey Eleven Putter comes standard with an all-new composite head design, which utilizes lightweight TPU, a steel crown, and an aluminum underbody.
It should be noted that the Odyssey Eleven Putter’s associated forgiveness characteristics are likely induced by its heavy steel weights, which Odyssey uniquely situated at each end of the club’s back corners. Further compounding the Odyssey Eleven Putter’s various benefits is the number of appropriate alignment options available.
While many premium putters have various alignment options, the Odyssey Eleven Putter easily has the most variety, with players being able to choose between many different hosel, head, and arc designs.
The distinguished Stroke Lab orientated shaft design is directly responsible for significantly enhancing a player’s average stroke tempo, while the White Hot insert simultaneously improves and stimulates the ball’s roll.
The unique combination of the Stroke Lab shaft and the White Hot insert will benefit the short games of all players, especially beginner players, due to the club’s unrivaled forgiving and accurate nature.
We highly recommend the Odyssey Eleven Putter to players of any skill level, especially those aiming to immediately and significantly enhance their short games. The Odyssey Eleven Putter performed well under all conditions we exposed it to and will add numerous benefits to any player, no matter their current abilities.
- The mallet putter consists of an incredible design, high MOI value, and a confidence-inducing shape, allowing players of any skill level to enhance their short game
- The mallet putter comes standard with numerous alignment options, enabling players of any skill level to instantly improve their general putting accuracy
- The mallet putter consists of the revolutionary Stroke Lab shaft and a White Hot insert, with the unique combination producing unquestionably positive results
- The mallet putter is more forgiving and consistent than any competing putter we have tested to date
- The mallet putter is considered to be expensive by beginner, amateur, and non-sponsored players, although the club’s characteristics render it a worthwhile investment
- The mallet putter’s color and style options are limited, with many golfing traditionalists favoring the darker head associated with the Triple Track version
2. The Scotty Cameron Phantom X12 Putter
- Precision Milled 303 Stainless Steel Face
- 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum Sole
The Scotty Cameron Phantom X12 is among the most well-built and highest-quality putters currently available, with it being an appropriate selection for players of any skill level.
Throughout our extensive testing process, the Scotty Cameron Phantom X12 2022 Putter displayed exceptional levels of performance, consistency, accuracy, and durability. The Scotty Cameron Phantom X12 Putter is the latest edition available from the company despite first being introduced close to a year ago.
Over the course of our thorough testing procedure, the premium feel associated with the Scotty Cameron Phantom X12 Putter became abundantly clear. In addition, the Scotty Cameron Phantom X12 Putter sports an incredibly high MO value, allowing the club to have a forgiving, accurate, and natural feel.
It should be noted that the Scotty Cameron Phantom X12 Putter consists of the lightest and most advanced material available in 2023, which the company seamlessly combined with weighty steel wings.
The additional weight offers enormous benefits to players of any skill level; however, Scotty Cameron also installed steel weights near the club head’s perimeter, dramatically enhancing its alignment capabilities and general accuracy.
The uniquely lengthy alignment line is distinct and noteworthy, with Scotty Cameron implementing a Pistolero-styled grip for immensely enhanced ball control.
Overall, the Scotty Cameron Phantom X12 model performed exceptionally well under all conditions it was exposed to, with the golf club being the ideal investment for players aiming to utilize a lightweight, stable, and balanced putter.
We highly recommend the Scotty Cameron Phantom X12 Putter to players of all skill levels. However, the golf club is most suitable for golfers attempting to instantly improve their short games by using an appropriately balanced, aligned, accurate, and forgiving mallet-styled golf club.
- The mallet putter comes standard with an incredibly forgiving club head and arc hosel design, allowing players to instantly improve their short game
- The mallet putter sports one of the best-performing club heads, which will undoubtedly enhance your playing abilities on the green
- The mallet putter has an exceptional feel, allowing players of any skill level to accurately stroke the ball no matter the weather or course conditions
- The mallet putter has one of the most appealing and comforting grips seen to date, significantly increasing the confidence of professional and non-professional players
- The mallet putter’s head is considered compact by some golf traditionalists
- The mallet putter is relatively expensive for beginner and amateur players, although its unmatched characteristics make it a worthwhile investment
3. The Wilson Staff Model TM22 Putter
- Wilson Staff Model Putter TM22 - Right Hand, 34"
- PRECISION MILLING: Each Staff Model putter is 100% precision milled with exceptionally tight tolerances for superior consistency and roll.
Over the last few years, Wilson has consistently produced some of the best putters globally, with the Wilson Staff Model TM22 Putter being no exception.
Over the course of our detailed testing process, the Wilson Staff Model TM22 Putter’s incredibly forgiving nature became increasingly apparent. The Wilson Staff Model TM22 Putter’s appropriate utilization of numerous milling lines allows players of any skill level to enhance their alignment abilities due to the notable differences in the unique and different visual cues.
Wilson advertises the Wilson Staff Model TM22 Putter as forged from a 304 block of steel, which turned out to be fundamentally accurate and distinctive. The Wilson Staff Model TM22 Putter’s design is sophisticated and aesthetically appealing, with its overall look and feel being fantastic.
It should be noted that the uniquely subtle alignment cues, combined with the aesthetic appeal, immediately separate the Wilson Staff Model TM22 Putter from most of its big-name competitors. While most mallet putters have distinguishable alignment cues, the Wilson Staff Model TM22 Putter comes with highly accurate tools to make the playing experience far more enjoyable.
The Wilson Staff Model TM22 Putter will undoubtedly offer players an enormous array of benefits; however, the golf club will be most advantageous for golfers utilizing a small swing arc, which is mainly due to its notable face and hosel overhang.
The overhang, combined with a lofted face angled at 3 degrees, enabled the putter to have an unparalleled premium feel at the point of contact, even if players hit the golf ball with the putter’s outer edges. In addition, the best-in-class leather pistol handle is an underrated piece of equipment, allowing players with various grip styles to instantly enhance their short games.
The Wilson Staff Model TM22 Putter comes highly recommended, with its forgiving, accurate, and consistent characteristics being notable. If you are attempting to immediately improve your short game with an exceedingly forgiving putter, look no further than Wilson’s Staff Model TM22 iteration.
- The mallet putter comes standard with one of the most forgiving head designs we’ve seen on a golf club to date
- The mallet putter sports a slight arc hosel design, allowing players of any skill level to dramatically and instantly improve their general green play
- The mallet putter has an indisputably high-quality feel, even for long-term professional players
- The mallet putter is considered by many to be the best-performing iteration currently available
- The mallet putter consists of an unmatched grip, with its design feeling comfortable and secure at the crucial point of contact
- The putter is slightly smaller than many big-name competitors, although we claim it’s big enough to retain the forgiveness associated with mallet-based putters
- The mallet putter can be considered relatively pricy; however, its intrinsic and external value remains unrivaled.
4. The Cleveland HB Soft Milled 14 Putter
The Cleveland HB Soft Milled 14 Putter is an exceptionally well-designed golf club, offering players unmatched forgiveness, feel, and accuracy at the vital point of contact.
Cleveland has a stellar and entrenched reputation throughout the global golfing circles, and the company’s HB Soft Milled 14 Putter is no exception, exceeding our high expectations in certain areas.
For a milled-faced mallet-based putter, the Cleveland HB Soft Milled 14 Putter is extraordinarily good. Throughout our thorough testing process, the Cleveland HB Soft Milled 14 Putter’s unparalleled alignment lines, balance, and accuracy became indisputably apparent.
While the Cleveland HB Soft Milled 14 Putter has been marketed towards professional and elite amateur golfers, it is likely to induce additional benefit on the middle to lower-handicapped players due to its forgiving, accurate, and consistent nature, enabling them to save many tricky shots on the greens.
In addition to the Cleveland HB Soft Milled 14 Putter’s highly desirable intrinsic characteristics, it also comes standard with a 3-degree angled lofted club face, which the golfing giant seamlessly combined with its unique Speed Optimized Face Technology.
The distinctive combination enables the Cleveland HB Soft Milled 14 Putter to produce consistent speed and accuracy at the vital point of contact. Despite feeling slightly heavier than most other putters Cleveland has produced to date, the additional mass allows for an additionally solid feel when striking the ball.
It can be said that the Cleveland HB Soft Milled 14 Putter inspires confidence in players needing it most, such as middle to lower-handicapped golfers aiming to become professionals over the coming years.
As with most premium mallet putters, the Cleveland HB Soft Milled 14 is exceptionally forgiving, which, combined with distinct visual alignment cues, easily makes it one of the best mallet-based putters currently available.
- The mallet putter comes standard with clear and distinctive alignment cues, offering enormous advantages to quality players aiming to break into the professional ranks
- The mallet putter sports a large, weight, accurate, and forgiving club head, which is directly responsible for producing consistent and confidence-inspiring putts
- The mallet putter has an unmatched, premium, and distinct feel at the point of contact and from the golf club’s face
- The mallet putter can be purchased in a variety of vivid, unique, and demanded color schemes
- The mallet putter is considered to be slightly heavier than most big-name rivals; however, the additional mass gives the golf club an additionally solid feel at the point of contact
- The mallet putter is slightly pricy for beginner or amateur players, although we can decisively state the investment to be worthwhile for most golfers
5. The Evnroll ER11vx Putter
The The Evnroll ER11vx Putter comes standard with a forgiving feel at the point of contact and a dramatically enhanced sweet spot, making it the perfect club for players of all skill levels.
The Evnroll ER11vx Putter is an extended version of the tried and tested Evnroll ER11v putter. The mallet-based putter’s additional length induces many unseen benefits, such as increased accuracy, enhanced distance control, and a consistently forgiving feel when striking the ball.
Over the course of our extensive testing procedure, the advantages offered by the Evnroll ER11vx Putter’s extra 300 stainless steel weights became abundantly clear. The additional weights were added to each side of the mallet putter’s club face’s extremities and significantly increasing the already-noteworthy MOI value.
Furthermore, the high MOI value enabled the club to maintain incredible sturdiness and accuracy at the point of contact, even if players strike the ball with the putter’s outer edges. In addition, the Evnroll ER11vx Putter is considered by many to be the best golf club currently available despite it being produced by a relatively unknown golfing brand.
It should be noted that the Evnroll ER11vx Putter can be highly customized with various hosel options. The Evnroll ER11vx Putter can be purchased with a short slant hosel angle of more than 15 degrees, further increasing its significant MOI rating.
The exceeding high MOI value combined with a sleek design aesthetic, accurate alignment cues, and an extended length makes the Evnroll ER11vx Putter one to look out for in 2023, with many experts correctly claiming it to already be among the world’s best.
- The mallet putter comes standard with unique Sweet Face club face grooves, allowing for an unmatched and consistent ball speed at the point of contact
- The mallet putter has clear and distinctive alignment cues, allowing players of any skill level to immediately improve their short game
- The mallet putter comes standard with one of the most forgiving club heads ever seen on a golf course
- The mallet putter’s price is relatively low compared to the incredible external and intrinsic value offered by the highly desirable golf club
- Some golfing traditionalists claim the mallet putter produces a hollow sound at the point of contact
- The range of colors remains fairly limited for modern players
Recap: Best Mallet-Style Putters
Mallet putters are favored by millions of golfers globally due to their large blade size and forgiving nature.
In 2023, numerous high-quality, desirable, and unique mallet putters will be available.
After an exhaustive testing process, the Odyssey Eleven Putter became the clear winner due to its exceptional build quality, stellar brand reputation, and reasonable price.
While we rate the Odyssey Eleven Putter as the best putter, the appropriate choice will vary from person to person.