Recently, rangefinders have become quite popular among golfers and hunters for better game and hunt. In fact, they have been making the act of taking targets easier, more accurate and more fun. As a result, the number and variety of rangefinders have increased manifold in the market as well.Often, it becomes a challenge for buyers to choose between two rangefinders.
On the bright side, most rangefinders are better at doing a particular job than other rangefinders. In other words, various rangefinders specialize in various ways. Two such rangefinders are Bushnell Tour V3 and Bushnell Tour V4. We have created this Bushnell Tour V4 vs V3 article to help you choose between them. Without further ado, let us start the Bushnell Tour V4 vs V3 tour!
Bushnell Tour V4 vs V3: Your Ultimate Guide
Why Bushnell Tour V4 is better:
Bushnell Tour V4 is the newer model of Bushnell Tour V3. It is better than the Bushnell Tour for the following features:
- This rangefinder has the Pin Seeker with JOLT technology built in it. Apparently, this technology gives out short vibrating pulses to help ensure that the target has been locked by isolating other obstacles in the background. In fact, this feature makes golf much easier for players and also keeps them in a good mood as they do not have to keep locking the target or be unsure if the target was locked.
- In fact, the Bushnell Tour V4 has an ergonomic design with a dimension of 2.6 X 2 X 1.3 inches. Moreover, it is lighter than Bushnell V3 with a weight of only 5.6 ounces. So, the Bushnell Tour V4 is easier to carry and more comfortable to use.
- It has a magnification of 5X. As a result, it seems to bring in the targets.
- The developed easy-to-use focus ring that comes with the Tour V4 makes focusing target easier and faster.
- Laser technology used in this rangefinder is more accurate in determining targets. Also, faster.
- Golf rules have identified it as legal for use during tournaments. In Addition, this Tour V4 rangefinder has been pro-certified.
Why Bushnell Tour V3 is better:
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder is the previous version of the Bushnell Tour V4. The following features make it stand out from other rangefinders:
- Like Bushnell Tour V4, the Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder also comes with built in Pin Seeker technology with JOLT technology. In fact, it becomes active every time Pin Seeker is triggered.
- In addition, it has a scan mode that continuously provides you with updated LCD display whenever you pan across the field.
- With a weight of 6.6 ounces, it is a bit heavier than Tour V4. Moreover, it has a comfortable-to-use design with dimensions of 1.6 X 4.3 X 2.8 inches. As a result, it is suitable for single handed usage.
- Magnification power of 5X allows it to be very accurate. In addition, it provides a brought in image of the target.
- In fact, it uses class 1 laser to accurately measure the distances.
- Accurate by ½ yards whereas Tour v4 is accurate by 1 yard. So, Bushnell Tour V3 has greater accuracy than Bushnell Tour V4.
Bushnell Tour V4 vs V3: A Comparison Table
A head to head comparison of the Bushnell Tour V3 and Bushnell Tour V4 rangefinders is given below:
|Bushnell Tour V3||Bushnell Tour V4|
|1. With JOLT Technology ensuring lock in of targets.||1. With JOLT Technology ensuring lock in of targets with vibratory bursts.|
|2. Has a maximum range of 1000 yards||2. Maximum range of 1000 yards|
|3. It can measure accurately starting from minimum 10 yards||3. It measures accurately starting from 5 yards|
|4. More accurate with ½ yards||4. It is less accurate with 1 yard of accuracy|
|5. Measures most accurately from around 300 yards||5. Has a better range with the best accuracy from around 400 yards|
|6. Larger Dimension of 1.6 X 4.6 X 2.8 inches||6. Has a smaller than V3 dimension of 2.6 X 2 X 1.3 inches|
|7. Has a heavier weight of 6.6 ounces||7. Has a lighter weight of 5.6 ounces|
|8. Is waterproof so can be used in rain.||8. Is waterproof as well.|
|9. Comes with a usual Rubber grip||9. Comes with a Stabi-Grip technology makes which makes it more comfortable and secure to use.|
|10. Has scan mode for continuous update of distance||10. Bears no scan mode.|
|11. Has a magnification of 5X||11. 5X magnification as well.|
|12. Has no focus ring technology||12. Contains a focus ring technology that makes it easier to focus target and is more accurate.|
|13. Has no slope mode||13. No slope mode either.|
|14. Has a warranty for 2 years.||14. Also, has a warranty for two years.|
|15. Uses one CR2 battery||15. Similarly, uses one CR2 battery|
|16. Comes with a nice carry case||16. Also, comes with a carry case
|17. Legal for use in tournaments||17. In addition to being legal, it is also pro-certified.|
|18. Slower display||18. Really fast display|
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do they come with slope mode?
Answer: Bushnell Tour V3 and Bushnell Tour V4 do not have slope modes in them. However, the modified version of Bushnell Tour V4- ‘Bushnell Tour V4 with slope’ has the slope mode feature. So, if you are looking for rangefinders with slope mode, Tour V4 with slope would be the choice.
- Can they measure distances to bunkers?
Answer: Absolutely. In fact, these rangefinders can measure targets with or without reflectors.
In modern golf, do not stay behind other players without a rangefinder. In fact, your rangefinder greatly affects your game increasing its speed and accuracy. Naturally, you might get confused when choosing between rangefinders particularly the ones with similar names like Bushnell Tour V3 and V4. Apparently,they had slight differences which most people fail to grasp. With our Bushnell Tour V3 vs V4 article, we consider it likely that you will not face such confusion. Now, you know all about these two rangefinders and their differences. So, choose the one that best fits you and enjoy your game! See you until next time.