If you’re a tall guy, you might find it quite difficult to play golf since many clubs are too short to give you the right leverage. Using the wrong-sized clubs can also cause back pain and other injuries. Luckily, there are decent golf clubs for you out there — and you can easily find them online.
The best golf club set for tall men is the Callaway Golf Men's Strata Set (available on Amazon). It’s designed for tall people and comes with a long-shaft driver and a 3-wood. The other clubs in this set are also more forgiving and minimize mis-hits.
The only instances I won’t recommend the Callaway Golf Men’s Strata set are if:
- You don’t have a large budget. Go with the Palm Spring Visa V2 set (available on Amazon).
- You’re a senior golfer. Go with the Cleveland Golf CG Launcher XL Men's Set (available on Amazon).
- You’re very tall. Go with the Precise M5 Men's Complete Golf Club set (available on Amazon).
- You’re a tall kid or need a set for your tall kid. Go with the Cleveland Golf Junior Set (available on Amazon)
- You want the best quality golf set. The Cobra Fly XL golf set (available on Amazon) is ideal for you.
In this article, I’ll discuss some of the top golf clubs for tall men, the pros and cons of each set, and when you should choose each. I’ll also discuss what factors to consider when you’re choosing golf clubs as a tall guy.
Best Overall: Callaway Golf Men’s Strata Set
- Strata Ultimate is designed for ultimate distance and ultimate performance. This set includes: Driver, 3 wood, 4 & 5 Hybrid, 6 to 9 Iron, PW & SW, Putter, Stand Bag, 4 Head covers
- Woods: Full titanium golf driver gives you a large sweet spot and more forgiveness to bomb it off the tee. A very forgiving 3 wood built for long, high flying shots in a more aerodynamic...
- Hybrids: The 4 and 5 hybrids are great alternatives to long irons, so you can play with more confidence on a variety of shots
As they do with most of their golf club sets, Callaway has a winner with their Men's Strata set for tall men golfers. These clubs are ideal for anyone over 6 feet in height as well as beginner and intermediate golfers.
The shaft length is decent and more durable than many budget options available in the market. This set is available with 12, 14, and 16 club options, so you can choose one that suits your expertise and budget.
If you’re a beginner, I recommend getting the 12-piece set, which is considered one of the best golf club sets for beginners, and then adding individual clubs as you progress.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for the ideal blend of quality and durability in a golf set designed for tall men, this set is ideal. It’s also easily adjustable for your height. If you’re a tall beginner or mid-handicap golfer, you’ll find the clubs in this set quite forgiving.
- It’s extremely forgiving. With accurate hybrids and irons that have an offset clubface, this set is easy for beginners to use.
- The clubs have quality shafts. While cheaper golf clubs often break at the shafts, you won’t have to worry about this with the Strata set.
- It’s affordable. While it’s not the cheapest set, it’s certainly more affordable than premium sets or custom-made golf club sets from a manufacturer like Nike or TaylorMade.
- It’s a complete set. The 16-club set has all the clubs you need to get around a course, even as an intermediate golfer. It also comes with a bag and tees.
- The club heads tend to dent easily.
- This set is slightly lower quality than some Callaway sets.
Best Budget Set for Tall Men: The Palm Spring Visa V2 Set
- The oversize 460cc driver (the biggest legally allowed) has a huge sweetspot, meaning even when you don’t quite get it out the middle, you’ll get longer, straighter shots than clubs with...
- The 15° #3 fairway wood, though smaller than the driver, still has an enlarged sweetspot for greater forgiveness. The low profile sole makes it ideal for hitting off the grass without a tee...
- This golf club set includes 2 hybrids – a #3 (18°) and #4 (21°). These clubs replace the longer irons in your bag – typically they were the hardest to hit – and instead give you...
If you’re looking for a quality golf set for tall men that suits a smaller budget, the Palm Spring Visa V2 set should fit. It’s one of the cheapest golf sets for tall men and contains all the clubs you need to get around any course.
This set also comes with two hybrid clubs and a driver with a large clubhead, making it a beginner-friendly option. The irons are also extremely forgiving and can reduce the range of error in your shots.
Unlike many cheaper options, this set has a durable graphite shaft design, so you don’t have to worry about the club’s shaft getting damaged.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a cheap but quality golf set and your height is over 6 feet, the Palm Spring Visa V2 set is ideal. The quality shafts make it less likely to break, even though they usually generate more swing speed.
- It’s much cheaper than other golf sets for taller golfers.
- It comes with two hybrids and a forgiving driver. This makes it ideal for beginners.
- The quality shafts are less likely to break if you have a fast downswing. This feature makes this golf set ideal for pros as well.
- Cheapness comes at a price, and clubs in this set may wear out faster than higher-priced options.
Best for Tall Senior Golfers: The Cleveland Golf CG Launcher XL Mens Set
- DRIVER & FAIRWAY - More MOI means more forgiveness and these woods have the most MOI in a Cleveland Golf design to date. These oversized heads have their weight positioned low and deep,...
- HALO HYBRID - Tough lies don’t stand a chance, thanks to our Gliderail technology which helps the clubs cut through the turf for stronger, and cleaner contact. Pair that with our HiBore...
- LAUNCHER XL HALO IRONS - Forgiveness is fun. These oversized hybrid style irons will let you spend more time enjoying your game and less time analyzing it.
Senior golfers have to take special care to avoid back injuries, especially if they’re a bit on the tall side. The Cleveland Golf CG Launcher XL Men's Set is perfect for older golfers, as the club shafts are more flexible, and swinging these clubs takes minimal effort.
The woods have graphite shafts and a high MOI, while the iron shafts are made from tempered steel, giving them more flexibility than the average irons.
It’s also an affordable set and designed for individuals above 6 feet. If you often experience back problems and can’t generate enough force to swing regular clubs, this set is ideal.
The only downside is that it’s designed for experienced golfers, so don’t expect to get the maximum distance with this set if you aren’t a pro golfer.
Bottom Line: For older golfers taller than 6 feet, or golfers experiencing back problems, this set is ideal. However, don’t expect to get the maximum range with these clubs.
- Flexible shafts make swinging the clubs effortless
- Comes with hybrids and a graphite shaft driver
- More affordable than some premium options
- The best option for more experienced golfers
- It’s designed for more experienced golfers.
- It isn’t ideal for lower handicaps or pro golfers.
Best for People Over 6’1: The Precise M5 Men’s Set
- Includes Titanium Driver, Fairway Wood, Hybrid, 5-PW Irons, Putter, Stand Bag, 3 H/C's
- 460cc Titanium Driver! Stainless Steel Woods and Irons
- 100% Graphite Shaft On Woods & True Temper Steel Shafts on Irons!
The Precise M5 men's set is a perfect set for very tall men, especially if your height ranges from 6’1 to 6’4. The set is a bit specific because the tall size is ideal for right-handed golfers.
Keep in mind the Precise M5 men’s set is still a set for beginners. You will never get the same range as the pros get with their clubs.
However, if you’re learning how to play golf, there’s no need to impress anyone. This set will help your shots get straight and minimize the effect of your mistakes as a newbie.
As a tall person, you won’t have to worry about how you hold the golf club because it has a strong and firm grip. Even though the putter is heavy, it will still help you with accuracy.
This set also has a forgiving cut, but it lacks a sand wedge, which is a big downside.
Bottom Line: This is an ideal set for you if you’re very tall. It’s also great if you’re right-handed since its design feels more natural to your playing style. Still, it’s not a set that will help you in a field with more experienced players.
- The set is perfect for golfers who are 6’1 or above.
- It has an expensive look.
- The clubs are forgiving, which is ideal for beginners.
- The set is well-built and durable.
- The putter is a bit heavy.
- There is no sand wedge.
Best for Tall Kids: The Cleveland Golf Junior Set
- Lightweight carry bag
- 5 Convenient pockets
- 3 sizes to choose from
If you have a tall kid, regular junior golf sets may not suit them. But that doesn’t mean you should let them join adult men’s clubs (even if they are tall enough), since kids may not have the swing power for heavier clubs.
The Cleveland Golf Junior Golf Club set is perfect for kids who would like to learn the sport.
These clubs can also help teenage golfers or younger kids who are tall enough to use them. If your teenager is particularly tall, these clubs might be on the small side. Luckily, the set comes with different sizes to choose from.
Another selling point is that it has a lightweight carry bag with extra storage space, which will not burden a kid.
Although the set doesn’t come with all the offerings an adult golf set does, it’s still enough for a kid who’s learning. The clubs are forgiving and will help your kid with accuracy.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a set that will help your tall kid develop their golf skills, then you should consider the Cleveland Golf junior set. It has a lightweight bag, and the clubs are easy to carry. However, be aware that the set doesn’t come with all the clubs that an adult set would have.
- Ideal learning set for young and tall beginners
- Comes in 3 different sizes
- Comes with a lightweight bag with extra space
- The set is not for tall adults.
- Unlike an adult set, it lacks certain clubs.
Best Quality Golf Set: The Cobra Fly XL Set
- Driver-A titanium driver (105 in Reg flex and 115 in Senior Flex) has an oversized shape and heel-biased weighting for longer and straighter drives
- Fairway-3-wood and 5-wood feature a shallow profile and heel-biased weighting for accuracy and distance off the tee and from the fairway
- Hybrids-4-hybrid and 5-hybrid creates perfect gapping between the fairways and irons for longer approach shots into greens
The Cobra Fly XL Set is a high-quality, complete set with everything a tall golfer needs. The set helps in improving your swing, distance, and accuracy due to the offset face of the clubs.
Plus, it has a sand wedge, and the clubs are lightweight. The club head design results in a long-distance shot with maximum forgiveness.
With this set, you can choose between a steel or graphite shaft. It also offers long iron lofts and a blade putter. Having the Cobra Fly XL Set on hand is certainly a confidence booster, especially in front of experienced players.
Bottom Line: The only thing that might hold you back from getting this set is its price. Still, it’s a high-quality set with everything that a golfer needs for long, straight shots.
- The clubs offer longer ranges.
- The club design helps with straight shots.
- It comes with a quality offset driver.
- It’s expensive.
- If you’re taller than 6’4, you may need a longer shaft.
What To Consider When Buying Golf Clubs if You’re Tall
As I’ve mentioned, tall golfers are more likely to get back problems and other injuries if they don’t use the right clubs. Fortunately, you don’t have to spend a fortune to modify regular golf clubs, and you can get clubs designed for your height.
Here are 3 important factors to consider when buying golf clubs for tall men:
The Distance From Your Wrist to the Ground
If you’re a tall beginner golfer, don’t make the mistake of buying extra long clubs because it may not help improve your game.
If you want to get the ideal golf clubs for your height, you should instead measure the distance from your wrist to the ground while your arms are hanging free from your shoulders.
The Shaft Quality
It’s important that the shafts of the golf clubs suit your height. If the shaft isn’t strong or flexible enough to support your swing, you may experience a decline in your club performance. The distance, accuracy, and swing determine how well the shaft supports your strength.
When selecting a shaft that’s best for you, you must measure your arm length and measure the shaft from the top of the grip to the ground in a standard swing position.
Your Swing Style
As a tall golfer, you might find it a bit difficult to get a set that suits your style. While experienced tall players do get customized sets, you might not want to make such an expensive investment as a beginner.
Most tall players need a set that supports long-distance shots and straight swings. Their longer arms need a set that supports a swing with full strength.
Recap: Best Golf Club Sets for Tall Men
It can be quite frustrating for tall players to use regular clubs, and you may compromise your health by doing so.
The best solution is to find clubs designed for tall individuals like you. While you could adjust the shaft length of a regular golf set, it’s much more affordable to purchase the right set in the first place.