Investing in a golf bag can be a significant expense, so you must choose wisely. Some people have different preferences or requirements for golf bags, and some might be working with a limited budget. Which are some of the best golf cart bags on the market right now, and which is the right one for you?
The TaylorMade Select ST cart bag is the best golf bag overall if you care about looks, price, and storage. The TaylorMade offers 14 club dividers and an additional pocket for a putter. It also has seven pockets for your belongings and a very reasonable price.
If you’ve decided that lugging a golf bag around is too much effort—push carts are an excellent alternative. However, it’s best to find a golf bag specially designed to suit a push cart and make your life easier.
Let’s explore some of the best golf bags for push carts and how they will help you bring your ‘A’ game.
Best Overall: TaylorMade Select ST Cart Bag
Our top choice is the TaylorMade Select ST (available on Amazon.com) cart bag. It has the most features for a reasonable price and is a perfect antidote to club crowding issues.
The stylish bag offers ample space for all your carry-along and boasts a durable and fade-resistant material. The slim design makes it perfect for your push cart, and it comes in a variety of colors, including the following:
- Red/white/dark navy
- 14 club dividers plus a putter pocket: This bag has 15 divisions instead of 14. There are the usual club dividers for 14 clubs and a separate pocket for your putter.
- Seven pockets: The cart bag has seven large pockets where you can store everything you need during your golfing session, like snacks, drinks, golf balls, and valuables.
- Extra features: The TaylorMade has many little extras that make it stand out from its competitors. These items include a rain hood, velcro accessory straps, and waterproof pockets for your valuable items.
- Carry handles: There are two carry handles on the top of the bag for moving the bag around. So, TaylorMade offers you something to hold on to when carrying your golf bag.
- Lightweight yet durable. The TaylorMade weighs only 7 lbs (3.2 kg) yet provides a durable, reinforced base.
- Reasonably priced: TaylorMade is one of the more popular brands for golf equipment, so it’s on the more expensive side. This bag, however, is quite affordable compared to other TailorMade bags. Golf bags are costly, so it’s always a pleasant surprise to find a high-quality bag for a reasonable price.
- Aesthetically appealing: The way the bag looks doesn’t add to its functionality. Still, it’s always nicer to invest in something that looks good on top of its many advantages. The Select ST bag has a neat look, and the design is modern and stylish.
- A single shoulder strap: It might be challenging to carry the bag for a while. There’s only one strap, which puts all the weight on one shoulder. Uneven weight distribution can cause physical problems like back, neck, or shoulder pain. A golf bag with clubs can weigh up to 35 pounds (16 kilograms), and cart bags are usually heavier than carry bags.
- Club dividers are not full-length individually: The bag only has full-length dividers for the different rows. The design only offers divisions at the top of the bag.
- No cooler pocket: This can be a must for some people, so don’t invest in the bag if you’re counting on a cooler pocket to keep your drinks cold. Be aware that the Amazon listing erroneously lists a cooler pocket.
However, you can buy an extra mini cooler bag to put in your golf bag, like this FlowFly Small Insulated Bag (available on Amazon.com). The bag is polyester, so it’s durable. It’s available in different fun designs.
Most Durable: Taylormade Storm Dry Waterproof Cart Bag
The Taylormade Storm Dry Waterproof (available on Amazon.com) cart bag is the most durable of our picks. Its material is waterproof and lightweight, making it easier to carry around without risking your stuff getting wet, potentially avoiding damage to valuables. The bag has its cons, like most golf bags, which we will discuss here.
- Durable: This Taylormade cart bag comprises polyester, a very durable material. It is lightweight and waterproof; both are advantages for golfers. It has a rain hood, which doesn’t have the best look but comes in handy whenever it’s raining. The PSI level of the bag is 2500 mm (85 fl oz), so it has a thicker waterproof coating. You can learn more about waterproof ratings in this article.
- Seven pockets: The Taylormade Storm Dry waterproof cart bag also has seven storage pockets, which should be enough to carry most of the things you need throughout your golfing session.
- Look: This isn’t important to everyone, and people have different tastes, but I think most people would agree this bag isn’t the best-looking one mentioned in this article. It doesn’t have a modern and chic design. It’s primarily red, which isn’t a neutral color.
- Pricey: If you have a limited budget, this cart bag probably isn’t the one for you. It’s one of the more expensive golf bags, partly due to its durability. However, when you invest in a golf bag, it should last longer than other bags.
Best Storage Space: Cobra Golf Ultralight Pro Cart Bag
The Cobra Golf Ultralight Pro (available on Amazon.com) cart bag is lightweight and perfect for those often carrying their golf cart around.
The bag itself being lighter makes a big difference. It’s more expensive, but it might be worth the money for some people.
- Eleven pockets: There’s a lot of storage space in this bag, with 11 pockets. People carrying many things around could easily fit everything into this golf bag. That way, you can keep your belongings close and have everything you need throughout the day.
- Cooler pocket: This bag is perfect if you feel a cooler pocket is essential. According to the product description, up to nine normal-sized cans fit into the pocket.
- Lightweight: This golf bag is lightweight, weighing 5 pounds (2.27 kilograms), making it easy to transport and carry around.
- Appealing aesthetics: This might be the one for those who prefer a nice-looking bag.
- Pricey: The Cobra Golf bag and Taylormade Storm Dry Waterproof bag are on the more expensive side of golf bags. Both have a similar price bag, but each has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Three full-length dividers: Similar to the TaylorMade Select ST Cart Bag, this golf bag only has three full-length dividers. So, the product only offers at the top of the bag, and only the different rows have full-length dividers. This layout shouldn’t necessarily be an issue, but some prefer individual full-length dividers.
Best Bang for Your Buck: Callaway X-Series Golf Cart Bag
The Callaway X-Series (available on Amazon.com) golf cart bag is the cheapest in the article, and the price difference with the other bags is very significant.
You might worry about what that means for its quality, but the bag is surprisingly feature-filled, with several advantages similar to those of the more expensive bags. You can still get a decent golf bag with limited funds.
- Affordable: The Callaway 2019 X-Series bag is perfect for those with a limited budget who’d rather not spend that budget on a low-quality bag. Limited funds don’t necessarily mean you have to buy something that won’t satisfy and fulfill your needs. The bag is less than half the price of the other golf cart bags mentioned in the article, but the quality is excellent.
- Lightweight: It’s easier to carry around lightweight bags. This golf bag weighs 4.1 pounds (1.86 kilograms), making it the lightest cart bag in the article.
- Rain cover: The bag comes with a rain cover, extra protection for your belongings which might be very important to you.
- No cooler pocket: The Callaway 2019 X-Series golf cart bag does not have a cooler pocket, which might be a dealbreaker to some.
- Look: Again, this is a very personal thing. The bag doesn’t look bad, but it has a specific style that might not work for you. It is red as well, so not a neutral color.
Recap: Best Golf Bags for Push Carts in 2022
In conclusion, the TaylorMade Select ST cart bag is the best overall golf cart because of its affordable price, nice look, storage space, and durability. All of these aspects are of great importance to most golfers.
It is essential to choose a golf bag wisely because it is often a significant investment you don’t want to regret after a couple of months. A suitable bag can also improve your game pace—an added bonus!
Everyone has their preferences, and the perfect golf bag is out there—and I hope this article helped you find the right one.