7 Best Golf Gloves 2023 (Style + Fit Guide)
When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a teeny-tiny 🤏 affiliate commission.
Golf gloves are the unsung heroes of the golfing world – they’re always there, working tirelessly to give you the perfect grip and keep your hands blister-free. But let’s face it, with so many on the market, choosing the right golf glove can be daunting. Selecting the right golf glove for you can make a significant difference in your game, and you can find that difference with the following best selection.
The following are Honest Golfers’ picks for best golf gloves in 2023:
- Best Overall: Callaway Dawn Patrol
- Runner-Up: Bionic StableGrip
- Best Comfort: Titleist Players Flex
- Best Control: Under Armour Strikeskin
- Best For Pros: FootJoy StaSof
- Best Budget: Grip Boost Second Skin
- Best For Extra Feel: Mizuno Elite
Each selection of golf gloves is for those looking to improve their game and elevate their style. In light of that, keep reading this golf equipment website review because we take a closer look at what makes each golf glove the best choice. AND what you should consider when choosing the best option for you.
Golf gloves are an essential piece of equipment for any golfer, as they provide a comfortable and secure grip on the club.
With so many different types and brands available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for you. That’s why we’ve gathered a list of the top golf gloves on the market so that you can find the perfect fit for your game.
Before we jump into the list, it’s important to note that the best golf glove for you will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Some golfers prefer gloves with extra padding for added comfort, while others prefer a more minimalistic design for maximum feel.
Consider your own needs and preferences when choosing a golf glove. With that in mind, here’s what makes each golf glove the best.
1. Best Overall: Callaway Dawn Patrol
- Left=Worn on Left Hand
- All Leather Constructions: Great Feel, Fit & Durability
The Callaway Dawn Patrol is a top choice for high-performing and durable golf gloves for golfers. The brand, Callaway, is well-respected in the golf world for its craftsmanship and attention to detail, which is evident in the Dawn Patrol.
Made from 100% Cabretta leather, the glove provides a premium feel, fit, and comfort for golfers.
One of the standout features of the Dawn Patrol is the perforations on the top of the hand and fingers, which help to reduce moisture and increase breathability.
This is especially important for golfers who tend to sweat a lot while playing. The Opti Fit™ adjustable closure also adds to the secure fit of the glove, while the stretch binding cuff offers added moisture absorption.
The Callaway Dawn Patrol is hard to beat in terms of overall performance and durability. With a very affordable price point of around $13 – $18, it offers a lot of value for the money. However, it’s worth noting that the perforations throughout the inner portion of the glove may wear down the leather over time.
- Comfortable to wear
- Good value
- Fit is excellent and covers the wrist well
- Good grip and feel
- Leather may bunch up between fingers
- There is a synthetic leather version of it that may cause sweating, be sure you choose the right glove
- Some golfers may prefer the older-generation Callaway Dawn Patrol glove
Round-Up Against Competitors
Compared to other competitors on the market, the Callaway Dawn Patrol stands out for its high-quality materials and construction, as well as its breathability and secure fit. Golfers who prioritize these factors in a golf glove may prefer the Dawn Patrol over other options. With 83% of reviewers recommending this product, it’s clear that the Callaway Dawn Patrol is a top choice for golfers of all levels.
2. Runner-Up: Bionic StableGrip
- DURABILITY – This premium golf glove, made of genuine leather, boasts an additional pad on the palm for extra support and lifespan. This pad offers twice the amount of strength in one of...
- DON’T STRANGLE THAT CLUB–Prevent fatigue and increase grip with our patented anatomical pad relief system evening out the surface of your hand, displacing your grip pressure evenly on...
- SECOND SKIN – Say goodbye to baggy fingers and constantly re-adjusting your wrist strap. This glove’s pre-rotated finger design follows the natural curvature of your hand allowing it to...
A close runner-up to the Callaway Dawn Patrol is the Bionic StableGrip gloves. The Bionic StableGrip is a top-of-the-line golf glove designed with the golfer’s hand in mind.
Bionic gloves are famous for their unique design based on anatomy and ergonomics. The StableGrip is designed to fit the hand like a second skin, providing the golfer with unparalleled comfort and support.
One of the standout features of the Bionic StableGrip is its pre-rotated finger design. This design follows the fingers’ natural motion, ensuring that the glove moves with the hand and does not impede movement.
Additionally, the Bionic StableGrip features web and motion zones made of stretchable and breathable Lycra material. These zones are placed over the knuckles and between the fingers, providing greater flexibility and natural dexterity.
Another standout feature of the Bionic StableGrip is its dual expansion zone. This feature is designed to accommodate the varying thumb sizes of different golfers. The thumb expansion zones are made of stretchable material and expand to the length and width of any thumb, providing a more custom fit.
Overall, the Bionic StableGrip is a top-of-the-line golf glove that is designed with the golfer’s hand in mind. It provides unparalleled comfort and support and is made to last.
- Quality feel and look as advertised
- Reinforced at knuckle joints for added comfort and support
- Provides good grip
- Made with breathable materials for added comfort
- Durable and long-lasting
- Extra padding under the knuckles for added support and protection
- Sweat-wicking properties
- It can help improve grip and swing
- Not USGA approved for tournaments
- Some customers have reported stitching issues
- Some customers have reported the glove ripping after only a few rounds
- Thick padding can remove some feel and affect grip size
- Not suitable for all types of golfers and may not be ideal for those with grip strength issues.
Round-Up Against Competitors
Compared to its competitors, the Bionic StableGrip stands out for its unique design and technology. Its pre-rotated finger design, web and motion zones, and dual expansion zone make it a more comfortable and natural-feeling glove.
Additionally, its durability and long-lasting nature make it a solid investment for any golfer. Some golfers may prefer the Bionic StableGrip over its competitors due to its superior comfort and support and ability to improve grip strength without needing to grip harder.
In summary, the Bionic StableGrip is a top-of-the-line golf glove designed with the golfer’s hand in mind. It provides unparalleled comfort and support, and its unique design and technology make it stand out from its competitors. It is a solid investment for any golfer looking for a high-quality, long-lasting glove.
3. Best For Comfort: Titleist Players Flex
- Precisely placed seams for a solid connection to Club grip
- Satin reinforcement at cuff and thumb for strength and durability
- Proprietary breathable fabric for comfort and support
The Titleist Players Flex is the perfect glove for golfers who value comfort above all else. Made from super-thin Cabretta leather, this glove offers the ultimate in feel and touch while still providing a surprising level of durability thanks to reinforcements around the cuff and thumb.
Golfers on the PGA Tour, such as Lee Westwood, Patrick Cantlay, Abraham Ancer, and Kevin Na, have all been spotted wearing the Titleist Players Flex.
One of the outstanding features of this glove is its precisely placed seams, which provide a solid connection to the club grip. The satin reinforcement at the cuff and thumb not only adds strength and durability but also adds to the overall comfort of the glove.
The proprietary breathable fabric used in the Titleist Players Flex provides both comfort and support.
Overall, the Titleist Players Flex is a high-quality glove that offers golfers the perfect balance of style and comfort. The Cabretta leather is silky and supple, providing a “second skin” feeling in the fingers and palms, while the satin net panels across the back of the hand prevent wrinkling and add flexibility. The elastic and terry cloth at the cuff also add to the overall comfort of the glove.
- Provides excellent grip and control while playing
- Durable and long-lasting material
- Comfortable and flexible fit for maximum performance
- Suitable for all weather conditions
- Available in a variation of sizes to fit any hand
- Enhances overall golfing experience with superior feel and touch
- Made of high-quality synthetic materials for a comfortable fit and maximum durability
- It provides a natural feel for the club, allowing for more precise shots
- Lightweight design for added comfort during extended play
- Available in multiple colors to match any golfer’s style
- Expensive compared to other brands
- Fingers may be slightly too short for some users
- Some users have reported poor quality and easy tearing in the palm
- Returns or refunds may be challenging to process
Round-Up Against Competitors
Compared to its competitors, the Titleist Players Flex stands out for its superior comfort and fit. The Cabretta leather is engineered to the thinnest specification, offering the best feel and precise fit, while the satin reinforcement at the cuff and thumb adds strength and durability.
The glove’s design also includes the iconic Titleist logo, which adds to its overall style. The velcro closure is easy to operate and provides a consistent fit.
However, the Titleist Players Flex is a pricey option when compared to other gloves on the market. Some golfers may prefer a cheaper option with similar features, but the Titleist Players Flex is the perfect choice for those who value comfort and quality.
4. Best For Control: Under Armour Strikeskin
- Specially tanned UA StrikeSkin performance leather stays soft & feels right on every swing
- .35-.45mm tour level Cabretta Leather
- Under Armour Fit technology delivers a comfortable, zero-distraction fit
The Under Armour brand is well-known in the athletic clothing, shoe, and gear industry, and they have now brought their expertise to the golf world with their line of golf gloves.
One of the best options they offer is the Under Armour Strikeskin glove. This glove is perfect for golfers looking for ultimate control over their swing.
With StrikeSkin gloves, you will feel the difference on every swing thanks to the specially tanned UA StrikeSkin leather. The glove also features a .35 to .45 millimeter tour-level Cabretta Leather and Under Armour Fitting expertise, which delivers a comfy, zero-distraction fit.
The built-in closure tab on the glove allows for a customized fit, and the Premium Grip system gives you maximum control over your swing.
Overall, the Under Armour Strikeskin glove is a top-of-the-line option for golfers looking for a glove that offers the perfect combination of grip, comfort, and flexibility. The glove’s premium materials and Under Armour’s commitment to comfort and excellence make it a standout option among other golf gloves on the market.
- Quality and durability
- Comfortable fit
- Can be washed
- Feels similar to high-end golf gloves
- Durable and long-lasting
- A few customers have reported that the material is thin and may rip after a few rounds of golf
- Some buyers have reported that there are size differences even when ordering the same size
- Some regular buyers preferred the 2016 version over the current version
Round-Up Against Competitors
Compared to other gloves on the market, the Under Armour Strikeskin stands out for its premium materials and the Under Armour Fit technology. The built-in closure tab also adds extra customization that other gloves may not offer.
Some golfers may prefer the Strikeskin over its competitors because of its commitment to comfort, excellence, and added control over the swing.
5. Best For Pros: FootJoy StaSof
- SOFT FEEL - Exclusive to FJ, Taction3 Advanced Performance Leather, by Pittards of England, is designed to optimize and retain its softness longer.
- SECURE CLOSURE - Proprietary 3-Directional ComforTab closure is strategically positioned for a precise fit and stress-free comfort.
- PRECISION FIT - Tailored construction and precise placement of moisture-wicking elastics improve fit consistency and overall comfort.
The FootJoy StaSof is a glove that is designed specifically for professional golfers.
The FootJoy brand is an iconic golf brand that has been trusted by many of the world’s best professional golfers for over 100 years. They have a singular dedication to the game and a relentless commitment to performance innovation, style, comfort, quality, and service.
One of the outstanding features of the FootJoy StaSof is its Cabretta leather material. This material provides an optimum feel, unmatched grip, exceptional moisture management, and long-lasting softness.
The Taction3 APL in the StaSof maximizes water and sweat resistance while providing superior grip performance and durability.
Overall, the FootJoy StaSof is a premium quality, an all-leather glove that is incredibly soft and snug-fitting. It molds itself around your hand and fits like a second skin. The StaSof has been preferred by more than 800 of the world’s best players for over 35 years.
- Soft feel
- Secure closure
- Precision fit
- All-climate grip
- Great fit and feel
- Quality at its best
- Few customers have reported that the StaSof line of gloves has a problem with durability, with rips and holes appearing after a few rounds of golf
- Some buyers have reported that it is not easy to get through to customer service
- The gloves are priced higher than other gloves on the market
- Not suitable for all hand sizes
Round-Up Against Competitors
Compared to its competitors, the FootJoy StaSof stands out for its attention to detail.
Elements like consistent zig-zag stitching, parallel perforations on the exterior side of the fingers, and a gold embroidered ring around the FootJoy logo elevate the design. Additionally, it’s made to last a long time and has thoughtful design details.
Some golfers may prefer the FootJoy StaSof over its competitors due to its popularity with tour players and high-quality soft leather. However, it’s important to note that the StaSof may not be as durable as synthetic material gloves.
Overall, the FootJoy StaSof is an excellent option for professional golfers looking for a high-quality, durable and comfortable glove.
6. Best Budget Golf Gloves: Grip Boost Second Skin
- HAND ORIENTATION: Left means worn on left hand and Right means worn on Right hand.
- FEEL - Highest grade leather with buttery soft grip.
- SECURE CLOSURE - Comfortable closure is strategically positioned for a precise fit and stress-free comfort.
The Grip Boost Second Skin is a budget-friendly option for golfers looking for a high-performance grip product.
The innovative design of this glove uses stretchable webbing and mesh fabric to create a snug, natural fit that mold to your hand.
The back of the glove features a webbing pattern that allows for a tight yet comfortable fit.
One of the outstanding features of the Grip Boost Second Skin is its moisture control. The glove includes strategically placed perforations and finger mesh that improves breathability and flexibility, keeping your hands dry and cool in all weather conditions. This allows for easy on and off when humid weather prevents the glove from sticking to your hand.
The Grip Boost Second Skin is also offered in numerous sizes, allowing golfers to find the perfect fit. The closure is strategically positioned for a precise fit and stress-free comfort, while the highest-grade leather provides a buttery soft grip.
Overall, the Grip Boost Second Skin is an innovative and budget-friendly option for golfers looking to enhance their grip on the course.
It’s perfect for those who want to improve their performance in wet conditions, and its lightweight design with a soft feel and full control will increase confidence in your swing.
- It provides a natural, comfortable feel for the club
- Allows for a secure grip, reducing slippage and improving control
- Offers excellent durability and longevity
- Resistant to water and sweat, making it suitable for all weather conditions
- Enhances sensation and feedback for improved shot accuracy
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Provides superior value for the price
- Only available in limited sizes
- It may not be durable for heavy use
- It can become slippery on various surfaces when wet
- Some customers found it not suitable for freezing weather conditions
- Some users may not like the sticky feel of the material
Round-Up Against Competitors
Compared to its competitors, the Grip Boost Second Skin stands out for its innovative tacky grip and moisture control. Its unique webbing pattern and mesh fabric provide a snug and natural fit, unlike other gloves that may bunch up or wear unevenly.
Additionally, its affordable price point makes it an excellent option for golfers on a budget. Some golfers may prefer it over its competitors because of its comfortable fit, high-performance grip, and ability to keep hands cool and dry in all weather conditions.
7. Best For Extra Feel: Mizuno Elite
- Fit bridge: this allows for a contoured fit from the palm to the back of the hand.
- Professional grade cabarets leather palm: top quality leather that's noted for its soft feel and incredible comfort.
- Flex mesh: flexibility and breathability are achieved with the addition of flex mesh.
The Mizuno brand is a well-known and respected name in the world of golf equipment.
Founded in 1933, Mizuno has a long history of producing high-quality sports equipment, focusing on golf clubs. In the 1970s, Mizuno’s reputation for producing the finest quality golf equipment was established when it began exporting its golf clubs to Europe.
Today, Mizuno is known for its precision manufacturing techniques and its commitment to producing equipment that golfers can use straight out of the box. The Mizuno Elite glove is a perfect example of the brand’s commitment to quality.
The Elite combines leather and strategically positioned mesh across the knuckles and mid-fingers to give golfers extra feel and grip.
The leather provides comfort and stretches in the palm. At the same time, the synthetic fabrics in the upper and knuckle regions allow the glove to maintain its shape better and increase durability.
With FitBridge, the Mizuno Elite also offers a contoured fit from the palm to the fingertip. The palm is made from professional-grade cabarets leather, known for its soft feel and incredible comfort.
The FlexMesh technology in the upper provides flexibility and breathability, while the double stitch thumb offers a secure fit.
Overall, the Mizuno Elite is a top-of-the-line golf glove offering extra feel and durability. The combination of leather and synthetic fabrics and the FitBridge and FlexMesh technologies make this glove stand out from its competitors.
Golfers who value the feel and durability of their golf gloves will prefer the Mizuno Elite over its competitors.
- Great feel and comfort for the price point
- Durable and long-lasting
- Great value for a high-quality golf glove
- Articulated finger joints for easy movement
- Soft leather material
- Fingers may be too long for some users
- It may be tight in the palm for some users
- Some users claim that the velcro strap may not hold well
Round-Up Against Competitors
The Mizuno Elite stands out from its competitors due to its combination of leather and synthetic fabrics, providing comfort and durability.
The FitBridge and FlexMesh technologies also set the Mizuno Elite apart from its competitors, as they offer a contoured fit and increased breathability.
Golfers who value feel and durability in their golf gloves will prefer the Mizuno Elite over its competitors.
Finding the Perfect Fit for Your Golf Gloves
The most important part of choosing a new golf glove is the fit. Most golfers will already have a good idea of what size they are, but you can check out our sizing chart below to make sure.
You can also make sure the glove you pick will work with your current swing by trying it out with a few practice swings. For example, if you are a high-handicapper who usually hits the ball with the face of the club, you will want a hand that will allow you to grip the club shaft, but not the club face.
Many golfers never achieve the perfect fit for their gloves, leading to excessive wear and tear and a lack of the best grip and feel.
In order to ensure that your gloves are the right fit for you, it is essential to consider the following factors:
1. Ensure it fits like a second skin
Your golf gloves should fit snugly across the palm and fingers with no extra material. This will ensure that your hand does not move within the glove during your swing, which can compromise your game.
2. Snug fingers
The top of your fingers should be snug in the gloves, with no extra material. If you find that there is excess material, you may want to size down or try a Cadet glove in your size.
3. Room for adjustment
The tab on the gloves should only come about 75% of the way across the back of your hand, leaving a quarter inch of Velcro uncovered. This will allow for adjustment during play.
Determining Your Glove Size
Fun Fact: Upwards 50% of golfers are estimated to be wearing the wrong glove size.
So, to ensure that your gloves fit correctly, it is essential to determine your glove size by measuring the length of your middle finger and the circumference of your hand around the first knuckle (excluding the thumb).
When choosing the right size for gloves, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- If you find yourself between two sizes, it is recommended to opt for the smaller size first.
- If the size you normally wear is different from the recommended size, give the recommended size a try.
- If your finger length measurement is less than your palm width measurement, consider a Cadet glove in your size.
- If there is a significant difference between your finger length and palm width measurements (more than 2), it may be helpful to try on multiple sizes to find the best fit.
- For some men, a women’s glove may be a better option.
- To ensure proper fit, always try the gloves on before purchasing.
- Remember to check your size at the beginning of each season, as it can change over time.
- To prolong the life of your gloves, rotate them regularly.
Regular Vs. Cadet Sizing
Golf gloves come in two different cuts – regular and cadet – to ensure a comfortable fit.
Regular gloves have the standard proportions for the palm and fingers, while cadet gloves have wider palms and shorter fingers.
If you find that a regular glove leaves extra material at the tops of your fingers or if your fingers tend to swell during a round, it may be worth trying a cadet glove.
Wear And Tear
If your gloves show wear before replacing them, it could indicate issues in your game. For example, palm wear may suggest that your hands are slipping during your swing, while heel wear may mean that you are re-gripping at the top of your swing.
In conclusion, finding the perfect fit for your golf gloves is crucial for achieving the best grip and feel and avoiding wear and tear.
By measuring your glove size and considering the fit, adjustments, and regular vs. cadet sizing, you can ensure that your gloves are the right fit for you.
Final Verdict: Best Golfing Gloves for 2023
When looking for the best golf gloves, the Callaway Dawn Patrol is the top choice.
Made with synthetic leather and a perforated palm, and this glove offers a comfortable and secure grip while playing. It also has a Velcro closure for a customized fit. The Callaway Dawn Patrol is perfect for golfers of all skill levels and offers the ideal balance of durability and performance.
When choosing the best golf gloves, golfers should consider factors such as:
It is also essential to consider the type of weather and course conditions you will be playing in, as specific gloves are better suited for certain environments. Try on different gloves and find the one that feels the most comfortable and provides the best grip for your swing.
Overall, we hope that this guide has been helpful in assisting you in finding the perfect golf glove for your needs. Happy golfing!