How Much Are Golf Cart Batteries? (6 Examples)
When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a teeny-tiny 🤏 affiliate commission.
Whether you’re thinking about purchasing a golf cart or are already a proud owner, it’s important to know the costs associated with owning one. Golf carts don’t require a lot of upkeep from their owners, but just like any vehicle, you’ll eventually need to replace the battery.
Golf cart batteries cost anywhere from $200 to $2,000, depending on your purchase. Lead and AGM batteries are on the lower side of the price range but can still reach $1,500, with most options being lower. However, lithium-ion batteries can cost you $2,000 or more.
Let’s talk more about the cost of golf cart batteries, including 8 volt golf cart batteries, and how to get the most out of your golf cart batteries.
Golf Cart Batteries: Budget, Mid-Range, and Premium
There are quite a few options for a new golf cart battery. You should choose one according to your price range, but other factors must also be considered. Spending more money on a good quality battery can be worth the expense, as it will likely last longer. However, you’ll still need to maintain it properly.
In the sections below, I’ll break down some pricing options:
If you need a golf cart battery but are on a budget, you have plenty of options. The only issue with choosing a budget battery is the charge. These batteries may not last as long as other options, and you may have to charge them more often to get full use out of them.
WEIZE 12V 100AH Deep Cycle SLA Battery
- ✅ 10 YEAR WARRANTY: As the No.1 lead acid battery brand on Amazon, Weize newest Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries are confidently guaranteed for 10 years! We aim for quality followed up...
- ✅ BUILT TO LAST: Our 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Batteries live more than 2000 cycles at 100%/8000 cycles at 50%(Suggested) depth of discharge, without decreasing in performance. The average...
- ✅ AUTOMATIC BMS AND MAINTENANCE-FREE: The built-in Battery Management System (BMS) protects your battery from Over Charge and Discharge, Over Current, Short Circuiting, as well as Low and...
The WEIZE 12V battery is one of our favorite budget batteries and comes with a 1-year warranty for any issues you may have. It’s hard to say exactly how long you’ll get from a single charge of this lead battery, but most lead batteries last 8 to 10 miles (13 to 16 kilometers).
With this battery’s lower cost, you can expect some variance in how far it will get you on each charge. You may also have some variance in battery life if you have a larger golf cart or any add-ons that affect the weight or amount of power used.
Overall, this is a great battery. With a 1-year warranty, you don’t have much to lose by giving it a try. At full charge, you can store it for up to 5 months without it dying on you. However, I recommend charging it every 2 months to keep it from fully dying during the winter.
Miady 12V 36AH Lithium Phosphate Battery
- 【Widely Compatible & Reliable】Combines superior lithium-iron phosphate technology to provide a better energy solution. Easily uses the same space as your existing 12V battery and...
- 【Advantageously Replacement for AGM Batteries】Lighter, compact, maintenance-free and more powerful than its lead-acid battery counterparts of 36Ah, offering more than doubled capacity...
- 【Safest & Highest-cycle】No leakage, harmful fumes, or potential threat of explosion, LiFEPO4 battery has better thermal and chemical stability. Over 2000 cycles, also the cell is able to...
The Miady 12V battery is similar to the one above, but it can provide a different option for those on a budget. It’s lighter than the previous option, weighing only 9.5 pounds (4.3 kilograms), making it easier to use and maneuver as needed.
This battery has an 18-month warranty to cover any problems. At about 10% charge remaining, it will cut off and wait for you to charge it. This will prevent you from completely draining the battery, but it could be an issue if you still use it when it hits 10%. You’ll, therefore, need to ensure you watch the charge carefully when using it.
Overall, we recommend this battery for those who can’t handle typical heavyweight lead batteries (but just keep an eye on the charge).
If you’re looking for a battery that’s better than a budget option but one that won’t drain your bank account, a mid-range battery could be an excellent option for you.
These batteries tend to last longer on a charge than budget batteries and come with added benefits that are worth considering.
OGRPHY 12V 260AH LifePO4 Battery
- [Perfect to Replace Lead Acid Battery]: OGRPHY 12V 260Ah ion lithium battery is 70lb and can release about 3328 Wh energy. Compared with the same capacity lead acid battery, 3/4 weight lost...
- [Maintain Free and IP65 Waterproof]: The waterproof level of OGRPHY lithium battery is IP65. OGRPHY lifepo4 battery has no memory, which means you can charge and discharge it whenever you...
- [No Toxic and 200AH BMS Protect]: OGRPHY 12V 2600AH lithium iron phosphate battery is compeletely nontoxic, this 12V battery contains no heavy metal and rare metal. In addition, build in...
The OGRPHY 12V Battery is relatively inexpensive but offers you many advantages. With excellent longevity, it can last up to 10 years if you take good care of it, and offers 5,000 battery life cycles. This means you won’t have to replace it in a few years like you would with cheaper options.
The battery also does most of the work for you. It has built-in protection from overcharging and overheating and a wide range of temperate for operation, allowing for 68 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit (20 to 60 degrees Celsius). This prevents the battery from overheating in hot temperatures, allowing you to enjoy your time on the course without worrying about the battery.
Ocell 48V 40AH LifePO4 Battery
- 【LiFePO4 Battery + Dedicated Charger】Ocell 48V 40Ah LiFePO4 battery can be efficiently charged by 58.4V 5A LiFePO4 battery charger in around 8-9 hours from 0 to 100% capacity, which...
- 【Deep Cycle Battery】: Ocell LiFePO4 battery provides 4000+ cycles compared to 200~500 cycles in the lead-acid battery. The service life of LiFePO4 batteries is 8 to 10 times than the...
- 【Light and Practical 】: Ocell LiFePO4 battery, Can achieve truly deft effect, The weight of the lithium iron phosphate battery is 30% lighter than the lead-acid battery of the same...
The Ocell 48V battery is a one-stop shop for golf cart batteries. If you have a 48V golf cart, this is the best mid-range battery on the market. It’s ready to use and offers everything you need to power your cart for miles.
This battery has a wide temperature range, allowing you to use it in -4 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 to 60 degrees Celsius) temperatures. It weighs only 44 pounds (19.9 kilograms) which is lighter than most other batteries and allows you to carry it around more easily. We highly recommend this battery if you want something that will last many years (this golf cart battery has a typical lifespan of 10 years).
There are various options if you want a superior quality golf cart battery, and are prepared to pay a little more. With premium batteries, you normally get what you pay for because they come with the features of a mid-range battery and some extras that can help you get the most out of it.
SOKERDY 400AH LifeO4 12V Battery
- 12V 400Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries have exceptional quality since they are assembled by Automotive Grade LiFePO4 Cells with UL Testing Certificated, which make them higher...
- SOKERDY 400Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate (Lifepo4) battery pack with a 12V output is a reliable and versatile energy storage solution suitable for a range of applications, from off-grid and...
- The lithium iron phosphate battery build 400A max continuous discharge. SOKERDY's BMS ensures battery safety and longevity by monitoring parameters like current, voltage, temperature, and...
The SOKERDY 12V Battery has everything you need in a golf cart battery, along with some extras. It will last you 10 years but also comes with a 5-year warranty.
The battery weighs 76 pounds (34.5 kilograms), and you may need some help managing it. However, the weight is worth the long-lasting charge and powerful performance because it will get you through 5,000 battery cycles and more if you take good care of it.
This battery also comes with 3 charging methods:
- Charging with the traditional plug-in method
- Charging with a generator or solar-powered source
Deespaek 48V Lithium Battery
- ✅Features - 48V 100Ah lithium battery, maximum continuous discharge current is 100A, peak discharge current is 200A within 3 to 5 seconds. Compared with lead acid battery, longer deep...
- ✅ Built-in 100A BMS - With overcharge, overdischarge, overcurrent and short circuit protection. BMS can protect the battery well from damage. In addition, Lifepo4 battery has no memory...
- ✅Application - LiFepo4 battery is widely used for backup replacement, UPS, cyberpower replacement, ride on toys, home alarm, solar system, golf cart, trolling motor, lawn mower, electric...
Last on our list, but one of our favorites, is the Deespaek 48V lithium battery. This is another battery that is a one-stop shop for 48V golf carts. It lasts about 10 years and comes with a 5-year warranty, just like the other premium option.
This battery has a wide operating temperature between 32 and 122 degrees Fahrenheit (0 and 50 degrees Celsius). It also charges very quickly and has excellent safety features to prevent overcharging, overheating, and short-circuiting.
Overall, this battery is a fantastic choice for those who don’t want to replace their battery often. The 5-year warranty is enough to make the purchase worth it, as you know it will at least last that long.
Final Thoughts: Average Golf Cart Battery Cost
Finding the right golf cart battery can be a challenge, and the factors you need to consider depend on how, where, and when you’ll use your cart. However, price is usually the most important thing to consider.
Inexpensive options are tempting, but they may not last as long as the more expensive models. It’s a good idea to go with the price range you feel most comfortable with but be aware of how long the warranty lasts.