If you don’t have the luxury of walking your golf course with a caddy, the best way to maximize carrying comfort and minimize energy loss is by selecting the best lightweight golf carry bag.
But choosing a lightweight golf bag that meets your course needs can be challenging with so many options to choose from. So what are some of the best lightweight golf bags to pair with your push cart?
The best lightweight golf bag is Orlimar Pitch and Putt Lightweight Golf Bag. It is a compact, cheap option weighing 1.95 pounds (1.95 lbs). It has two dividers that can hold six or seven clubs comfortably. Also, it has one accessory pocket for your tee, ball marker, and pencil.
The rest of this article explores the 7 best lightweight golf bags based on features, customer reviews and overall brand reputation. We’ll also highlight some of the pros and cons of each to help you decide the best golf bag for your unique needs. Let’s get started!
Best Overall: Orlimar Pitch and Putt Lightweight Golf Bag
- ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT STAND AND CARRY BAG - The Orlimar Pitch 'N Putt bag is perfect for a day at the driving range, a few holes at an executive golf course, a Par 3 course, or a weekend...
- TWO-WAY DIVIDER TOP - The Orlimar Pitch ‘N Putt bag has enough room for as many as 6 or 7 clubs comfortably.
- DURABLE CARRY HANDLE AND STRAP - Offers 2 methods to tote your golf clubs around the course. Carry it with the adjustable shoulder strap or with the convenient carry handle.
The Orlimar Pitch and Putt Lightweight golf bag (available on Amazon.com) is an ultra-lightweight stand-carry golf bag weighing 1.95 pounds (1.95 lb). This bag is excellent if you don’t want to be weighed down while out on the golf course. It has two dividers for your clubs and an accessory pocket for storing your gear.
The bag has a durable carry handle and a single shoulder strap, making it easy and comfortable to carry around. It features a kickstand that allows you to set it down and take a break without worrying about it tipping over. Also, it has retractable legs that provide support and quick access to clubs.
- Available in multiple colors: The bag comes in six shades, including steel blue, rose pink, smoke gray, lilac purple, mocha brown, and azure blue. Unlike other packs that restrict to specific colors, you’ll have multiple options that meet your needs.
- Water bottle pocket: Although the bag is small, it includes a laced lanyard above the accessory pocket that can hold a water bottle to keep you hydrated throughout the course.
- Versatile: You can use the bag as an auxiliary by hooking it onto your golf cart and carrying it to the green or fairway to keep your clubs dry and from getting lost.
- Unisex: The lightweight, comfortable handles, adjustable shoulder straps, and multiple colors make it an ideal choice for both males and females.
- Small: This bag doesn’t have a lot of room for extra gear. If you carry more than a few clubs, you may want to look for an oversized bag. Also, the drink holder cannot accommodate large hydro flasks.
- Accessory pocket not deep enough: You might need to find a better storage option for your valuables, such as your phone and wallet, because the zipper may fail to close when you stack too many items.
Most Compact: Izzo Ultra Lite Stand Bag
- Lightweight & Compact: 3.2 lbs; 34.75’’ x 13.5’’ x 10’
- Easy To Transport: Equipped with a Smartgrip handle that allows you to easily load and unload the bag from your car, SUV, or truck, our lightweight golf bag is exceptionally easy to carry
- Exceptional Organization: Our golf club bags feature a 4-way padded top with 2 full-length dividers for easy organization and shaft protection
The Izzo Ultra Lite Stand Bag (available on Amazon.com) is the best lite golf bag for exceptional organization. It features two full-length dividers and a four-way padded top, making organization and shaft protection a breeze.
Though the bag is made from high-strength 4200 polyester fabric, it only weighs 3.2 pounds (1.45 kg). To make it easier to carry around, it comes with a padded adjustable dual strap and a Smartgrip handle that helps you to unload and load the bag from your car.
Other helpful features are four pockets for carrying your golf course gear, including a waterproof compartment for your valuables, a rain hood, an umbrella holder, and a towel clip.
- Can fit on a cart: The bag can work on any golf push or pull cart. However, because its construction is light and not sturdy, you should mostly carry it on your shoulders or using your hands.
- Can hold 14 clubs: The two-way full-length dividers are large enough to fit 14 clubs. You’ll also replace or remove them with no snags.
- Available in multiple colors: The bag has a mixture of bright and laid-back colors, making it ideal for both males and females. It is available in navy blue, light blue, black and white, red and black, and gray and lime.
- Comes with a warranty: Should the bag malfunction within one year, you can return it for repair or replacement.
- No room for a water bottle: This is an inconvenience if you play golf on a sunny afternoon as you’ll have to look for another option to carry your drinks.
- Small storage: The four pockets are not enough to fit all your course gears, and squeezing them in can cause the bag to rip off sooner.
Insulated: Sunday Golf Loma Bag
The Sunday Golf Loma Bag (available on Amazon.com) weighs 1.95 pounds (1.95 lbs) and can hold a maximum of eight clubs. It comes with a padded adjustable shoulder strap and a handle that makes it easier to carry around the course.
It has a club compartment with three dividers and four other pockets, including a waterproof one lined with velour for your valuables, such as a wallet and a cell phone.
Also, it has an insulated cooler pouch that can hold a bottle or two cans of beverages or drinks. This ensures you remain hydrated throughout the course. Its height is 31 inches (79 cm), and can fit nicely into any trunk.
- Available in multiple colors: The bag comes in 11 shades, accommodating everyone’s taste and preferences. The colors include camo black, camo sand, matte black, midnight green, cobalt blue, sandstone, and toasted almond.
- Comfortable to carry around: Its lightweight design plus padded shoulder strap make it easy to walk around the course without feeling exhausted.
- Waterproof pocket: If it rains when you’re out on the course, you won’t have to worry about your valuables getting damaged.
- No top cover: The top of the bag remains open, which is a downside as water can get inside the bag when it rains.
- The insulated pouch isn’t big enough: The cooler pocket can hold only one bottle or two cans, which might not be enough for a five-hour course. Also, the drinks remain cold for only two hours.
- The strap is not durable: The clubs’ weight makes the bay tip forward, which may fasten the wear and tear process.
The Largest: Callaway Golf Hyperlite Bag
- Compact 4-way top with full-length dividers; 7 pockets including a velour lined valuables pocket with waterproof zipper, and a cell phone sleeve
- Weighs less than 3 lbs, Callaway's lightest stand bag
- Strong and lightweight carbon-fiber legs
If you’re looking for a lightweight standing bag, you can’t go wrong with the Callaway Golf Hyperlite Bag (available on Amazon.com). It comes in black, white, and charcoal and measures 35 x 11 x 9 inches (89 x 28 x 23 cm). It boasts a four-way top, full-length dividers and seven pockets, including a waterproof pouch for your delicate items.
Its carrying cushion includes a double-padded OptiFit comfort strap that’s elastic to conform to your shoulders size. The manufacturer employs technological advancements to make the bag more comfortable by using carbon fiber legs.
- Four full-length dividers: This ensures your clubs don’t collide with one another as you move around. It also allows you to carry a maximum of seven to eight clubs and access them easily.
- Comes with a warranty: The manufacturer gives a two-year warranty should the bag fail to meet your expectations.
- Plenty of storage space: The bag has seven pockets to comfortably fit all your golf gear.
- Lightweight design affects durability: Although the bag is made from durable nylon material, packaging more than 2.97 Kilograms can cause it to wear off quickly.
- No insulation for your drinks: Out of the seven pockets, none is suitable for keeping your drinks at the desired temperature.
- The design is ideal for males: The bag might be taller for female clubs. Also, the colors available might not be suitable for females who prefer flashy colors.
Most Versatile: Frogger Golf Function Stand Bag
- FEELS NEARLY WEIGHTLESS: The ultra lightweight Function golf bag , despite having a number of exquisite features, weighs less than 5 LBs and has adjustable shoulder straps for weight balance...
- STORE ALL YOUR EQUIPMENT IN ONE PLACE: No matter how much golf equipment you have, Frogger Function golf bags have you covered with its 7 spacious pockets, 5-way club management and 2...
- BECOME THE STYLISH GOLFER OUT THERE: The Frogger Golf Hybrid Bag comes in multiple unique color and print combinations so you can choose the one which suits your style the best. There is a...
The Frogger Golf Function Stand Bag (available on Amazon.com) has a sleek, modern design and weighs only 4.9 pounds (2.22 kg). The bag has a two-way top with full-length club dividers and a putter pit that can accommodate oversized grips.
There are also seven pockets, including a water-resistant valuables pocket and a full-size apparel pocket. It features ergonomic, easily adjustable straps and has a built-in stand system.
One thing to note about the Frogger Golf Function Stand Bag is that it doesn’t have a dedicated spot for a rangefinder or GPS device. However, there is a loop on the side of the bag where you can attach one if needed.
- Magnetic accessory attachment system: The bag has a magnetic receiver and key ring fobs to help remove and attach your favorite accessories. You can connect two of your favorite Latch-It products on the side of the bag.
- Versatile: There are several ways to carry the bag. You can use the padded shoulder straps or fit the bag on a push cart using a cart strap pass-through at the back of the side pockets.
- Plenty of storage space: The seven pockets provide enough room for storing your tees, golf balls, drinks, and valuables. In 2018, MyGolfSpy ranked it number one in storage.
- There is no umbrella pocket: Though the bag has an umbrella to shield you from harsh weather, it does not have a slot for the umbrella, and you might need to squeeze it into one of the club sleeves.
- The inner dividers are nylon: This causes the clubs to bind up on each other, making it impossible to remove or put them inside the bag.
- The zippers are not quality: If you want to carry heavy-weight items, the zips might snap out after using the bag for a while.
Best Value: ASK ECHO Lightweight Golf Stand Bag
- 【Two compartment top】2 independent partitions on the top, which can easily accommodate 10 golf clubs and prevent the sound of club collisions
- 【Multifunctional】2 Accessories side pockets which you can put various accessories in , 1 Base pocket, 1 Velour-lining valuable pocket, plus a drink holder above the pocket that holds a...
- 【X shoulder strap design】The X design is more convenient. The widening and thickening of the shoulder strap is conducive to the dispersion of pressure
If you are searching for an affordable yet functional, lightweight golf bag, you should consider the ASK ECHO Lightweight Golf Stand Bag (available on Amazon.com). It has dimensions of 8.07 x 5.5 x 33.35 inches (20.49 x 13.97 x 84.71 cm) and weighs 2.87 lbs (1.3 kg). The affordable golf bag comes in three colors, black, grey, and navy blue.
The bag features a two-way top full-length divider that can hold a maximum of ten clubs. It also has four pockets, which include a base pocket, two side pockets, and a velour-lined waterproof pocket for storing your valuables. Above the pockets is an elastic restraint that can hold a water bottle.
The carrying cushion is an X-shaped padded shoulder strap, whose widening and thickening help to disperse pressure, and an in-built carry handle. Other features include a rain hood, towel ring, and glove holder.
- Comfortable to carry: The double strap ensures the bag balances well on your back, preventing the clubs from moving as you move around the course.
- Full-length dividers: This prevents the clubs from jumbling as you walk.
- Affordable: The bag is affordable, light, and does not compromise functionality, making it an excellent choice if you’re on a tight budget.
- Limited storage space: The four pockets might not be enough for all your course gear and accessories. Moreover, the bag can only hold one bottle and is also not insulated.
- A few color choices: The black, grey, and navy blue colors might not meet everybody’s preferences, especially those who prefer brighter colors.
Ultra-Lightweight: Titleist Player 4 Carbon Stand Bag
- Less than 3 lbs
- Carbon fiber legs for excellent strength/weight ratio
- Lightweight, durable rip-stop material
The Titleist Player 4 Carbon Stand Bag (available on Amazon.com) is among the lightest quality golf bags on the market. The bag weighs 3 pounds (1.36 kg) and measures 11.42 x 13.78 x 37.4 inches (29 x 35 x 95 cm). It is made from rip-stop nylon material and has carbon fiber legs which offer an excellent weight-to-strength ratio.
This ultra-lightweight golf bag has four full-length dividers and five extra pockets for your gear, including a range finder and a mesh water bottle pocket. It also has a well-padded double-strap carrying cushion and a tour-inspired rain hood.
- Ultra-light to carry around the course: Though the bag is large and can accommodate much of your gear, it is compact and light to carry on your shoulders throughout the course.
- Durable stands: The stands are made from carbon fiber which lasts a long.
- It is not purely waterproof: This is a downside as your valuables can get damaged in case of rain or water leakage.
- The water pocket is external: If you’re playing in the sun, your drinks will get warm, depriving you of cold refreshments.
Recap: Best Lightweight Golf Bags for 2023
A lightweight golf bag reduces fatigue and improves your game performance. However, most lightweight golf bags compromise on storage space.
Therefore, when selecting your best lite golf bag, you should check if the number of dividers and pockets meet your golf course needs.