Using a golf travel bag is the best way to protect your golf clubs when you travel. However, with so many out there, how are you supposed to choose the right bag? There are several great options to choose from, depending on your preferences and budget.
The best golf travel bag is the Himal Outdoors Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag, which has wheels for easy transport and a heavy-duty lining to keep your clubs safe. It’s also lightweight, so you don’t have to worry about exceeding any airline weight limits even if you’re flying.
However, there are some good alternatives to the Himal travel bag, depending on what you’re looking for, such as the best golf bags:
- If you often fly with your golf clubs, consider the GoHimal Golf Travel Bag with Adjustable Support Rod.
- If you want a golf travel bag that’s hard-sided for extra protection, your best option is the Samsonite Hard Side Golf Bag.
- If you’re shopping on a budget for a golf travel bag, check out the DAREKUKU Golf Travel Covers for Airlines.
- For a waterproof golf bag, you should consider theAPTY Padded Golf Club Travel Bag
The rest of this article will discuss the best golf clubs bag for travel. No matter what type of travel you plan to do, or how much you want to spend on a golf travel bag, you’ll find one below to suit your needs.
Don’t miss the part at the end where I cover essential information that will help you consider the most important features and factors when picking out a golf travel bag.
Best Overall Golf Travel Bag: Himal Outdoors Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag with Wheels
- 【HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL】 Made of premium 600D heavy duty polyester oxford, tough enough to protect your golf clubs during travel.
- 【PERFECT SIZE】 Universal size 13 x 15 x 50 inches fits all the needs of everyday life. Enough space to hold your clubs, keys, shoes and so on.
- 【INTIMATE DESIGN】 Advanced smooth zipper design is usable several times. The quality wheels make your trip more comfortable and convenient.
The Himal Outdoors Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag with Wheels is the best overall travel golf bag. Even though it has wheels, it’s only 4.4 pounds (2 kg), so you won’t have any trouble carrying it around and lifting it when necessary.
The wheels are a huge help when taking your clubs to and from the airport. And, even when you aren’t flying around with your clubs, the wheels make it easier to bring them around when you have other luggage with you.
Additionally, when you need to move the bag in and out of your car, there are strong, heavy-duty handles that make it easy.
The travel bag is made to fit any size and type of golf club and bag, and it has several pockets for items you might need to take on your travels.
The bag is lined with plenty of padding, so even when your clubs are on the move, they’ll stay safe and secure. This is especially true because the bag includes a strap on the inside that you can use to keep your golf clubs in place, even if the bag is slightly too big for them.
Bottom Line: If you want a reasonably priced bag with wheels for easy transportation, the Himal bag will suit you perfectly. Even though it’s soft-sided, the heavy-duty material will protect your clubs.
- Heavy duty material
- It may be too big for kids or women’s clubs
Best Golf Travel Bags for Airlines: GoHimal Golf Travel Bag with Adjustable Support Rod
- 【 HIGH-QUALITY FABRIC】: Made of premium 900D high durability polyester fabric, which has great abrasion resistance and is waterproof. Premium fabric provides excellent protection during...
- 【PERFECT SIZE】: Golf travel case universal size 48.8 x 13.7 x 13.4 inches fits all most set golf clubs. The length of support rod can extend to 51 inches and collapses to 20 inches.
- 【Unique Design】: The travel golf bag has a thick padded top and two stabilizing straps outside to protect your golf clubs. The front pocket is designed for golf shoes, towels, and other...
Are you someone who always flies to play golf, and you need something to protect your golf clubs on an airplane? The GoHimal Golf Travel Bag with Adjustable Support Rod is the best golf travel bag to use on an airplane.
This golf bag is made from a high-quality, durable material that won’t rip or get damaged, even on the longest flights. It’s also waterproof, so you can take it outside in any weather, and you don’t have to worry about any spills on the plane damaging your golf clubs.
This case will fit any golf club no matter how big your bag is or how long your golf clubs are. The large front pocket is perfect for your shoes or other golf items you need to travel with, which is very convenient for people who don’t want to have to carry around multiple bags when they’re traveling.
Additionally, there’s a support rod that keeps your clubs protected when they’re in the bag. You can adjust this rod to be anywhere between 20-51 in (50.8-129.5 cm) for easy storage and maximum protection.
However, the bag weighs 8.6 pounds (3.94 kilograms), which is heavier than many travel golf bags. But, as long as your golf bag with clubs and accessories doesn’t weigh more than 40 pounds (18 kilograms), you won’t have any problems meeting the weight limits for flying.
Bottom Line: If you’re a frequent flier with your golf clubs, this bag has a support rod and heavy-duty siding to keep your clubs from getting damaged on the plane. It also has wheels, so you can easily pull your bag around the airport instead of carrying it.
- Support rod
- Heavy at 8.6 pounds (3.94 kg)
Best Hard Case Golf Travel Bag: Samsonite Hard Side Golf Bag
- The lightweight and durable solid ABS Shell shields your golf bag and clubs from the wear and tear of air travel
- Features a padded quilted interior with extra foam cushioning on top to protect club heads
- 4 multi-directional spinner wheels and 2 in-line skate wheels allows the case to be pushed or pulled
Soft-sided travel golf bags work well, but hard-sided travel bags give you even more protection for your golf clubs. The best hard-case golf travel bag is the Samsonite Hard Side Golf Bag.
The Samsonite bag is only 5 pounds (2.3 kg), which is lightweight considering its heavy-duty siding and its wheels. There are four wheels on this bag, so you can transport it very easily. You can use the two in-line skate wheels to push or pull it, or you can use all four wheels and move the bag in any direction you wish.
This golf travel bag comes in a wide range of colors (including the standard black design).
Even though the hard outside of the bag will protect your bag, there’s additional protection on the inside–including a padded quilted foam lining that’s even thicker on the top of the bag for more protection for your club heads.
Bottom Line: This Samsonite hard-sided case is the best option to protect your golf clubs while traveling, but you’ll have to pay a little more for the protection. The wheels make it easy for you to transport it, and if you’re not worried about a heavier bag, you can fly with this easily on any airline.
- Four multi-directional wheels
- Padding on the inside
- Multiple colors
- Pricier than soft-sided
- Five pounds (2.3 kg)
Best Budget Golf Travel Bag: DAREKUKU Golf Travel Covers for Airlines
- Material: Darekuku golf travel cover is made of 900D heavy duty polyester to protect your golf club and bag from sudden during transportation. Fine workmanship with reinforcement inside...
- Upgraded rubber Wheels: The golf travel case has high-quality rubber wheels and a sturdy rubber back. The smooth rolling wheels make your travel more comfortable and convenient.
- Multi-way to Carry: You could transport your the golf club travel bag with adjustable shoulder strap or use the the carrying handle and two wheels to help at shuttle, bus station and...
Golf travel bags can seem expensive, but you don’t have to pay much for a good quality bag. The DAREKUKU Golf Travel Covers for Airlines is the best budget travel bag to keep your golf clubs safe without breaking the bank.
This bag is easy to carry around no matter how big or heavy your golf clubs are, thanks to the adjustable shoulder strap and the carrying handles. And, even if you need to transport it along far distances, there are wheels that make it easy to pull the bag along by using the handles.
This DAREKUKU bag includes a card pocket so everyone, including airlines, knows the bag is yours.
You can also store other golf items (such as shoes) in the bag’s front pocket. If you’re having issues with the bag or it’s not exactly what you expect, you can return it with no questions asked.
However, you shouldn’t have to return this bag since it’s made with high-quality material.
The best part of this bag is that it folds up thanks to its soft material. So when you’re not traveling, you don’t have to worry about the bag taking up too much space in your home.
Bottom Line: If you need something cheap to protect your golf clubs, the DAREKUKU cover is your best option. It has wheels that make it easy to transport, and the cover is airline-friendly.
- Low cost
- Shoulder straps and handles
- Rip after a lot of wear and tear
- Club heads not protected
Best Waterproof Golf Travel Bag: APTY Padded Golf Club Travel Bag
- 【STURDY 1200D OXFORD】Experience the durability and protection of our golf travel bag, crafted with high-density 1200D oxford fabric. Unlike other bags made with easily ripped 600D...
- 【LARGE SPACE】L15" x W14" x H50" gives a spacious space that can accommodate a full set of golf clubs and other supplies. Put your golf shoes, shirt, keys, etc. in the extra space on...
- 【MULTI-PROTECTION】Travel with peace of mind, knowing your golf clubs are well protected by our bag's multi-layered defense. The heavy padding at the top effectively guards your club...
Finally, if you’re looking for a waterproof travel golf bag, the APTY Padded Golf Club Travel Bag is the best option.
A waterproof golf bag is beneficial if you’re going to be traveling or golfing in all sorts of weather, or if you just want extra protection from anything that could go wrong during your travels.
The bag is easy to carry around thanks to its heavy-duty handles, and the wheels on the bottom make it easy to carry long distances, even with heavy clubs. There’s a lot of space in the bag to put in extra clubs or other accessories, including two pockets on the side.
When you’re not storing or transporting your golf clubs in the bag, you can fold up the bag so it doesn’t take up a lot of space.
However, the soft-sided bag may not provide as much protection as you want. There’s padding on the inside of the bag, with extra padding at the top to protect your bag and your club heads.
Bottom Line: This waterproof bag is the best way to keep your bag dry, whether you’re outside or just want to keep your clubs dry from any spills. The bag folds up for easy storage, and it’s easy to transport thanks to the wheels.
- High-quality fabric
- Foldable for easy storage
- Not made for long-term use
How To Choose a Golf Travel Bag
Now that you know all the great golf travel bags you can choose from to keep your clubs safe, you might need some help choosing one. The golf bag you ultimately select should depend on your personal preferences and feature requirements.
Consider the Material of Your Travel Bag
If you’re flying with your golf clubs a lot, you should consider a hard-sided bag, as it will provide your clubs with the most protection.
If you’re not flying with your bags and are mostly taking them on road trips or just want some added protection for when you store them, a soft-sided travel bag will be fine.
Decide on a Budget for Your Travel Bag
Next, you must decide how much you want to spend on your travel golf bag. If you’re on a budget or you’re not planning on using the bag too much, you can get a budget bag and save some money.
However, if you plan on traveling with your golf clubs often, or prefer a high-quality bag, go with a more expensive, luxury option. You’ll want a bag that will withstand the wear and tear of using it often, especially if you’ll be flying with the bag.
Consider Choosing a Travel Bag With Wheels
Finally, you need to decide if you want a bag with wheels. Travel golf bags with wheels tend to be more expensive than those without, but they’ll make it significantly easier for you to transport your clubs around.
Just remember that wheels will also make your bag heavier if you’re flying, which can cause you to exceed the weight limit some airlines allow for baggage.
While having wheels on a travel golf bag is an excellent addition for many people, it might not be necessary for you. This is especially true if you don’t plan on having very many golf clubs that will weigh your bag down, or if you just prefer to carry the bag the old-fashioned way.
Either way, determining whether or not wheels are necessary for you is an essential factor when picking out a travel golf bag.
Recap: Best Golf Travel Bags in 2023
You need a golf travel bag to keep your golf clubs safe when you travel. No matter how you travel, the Himal Outdoors Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag is the best option for your clubs.
However, if you’re looking for other features, like a bag specifically for airlines and air travel, or a hard-sided golf travel bag, there are plenty of great options that I listed above for your convenience.
The right decision depends on your budget, how you’re going to travel, and how much you need to protect your golf clubs.