Best Golf Stand Bags (2023 “Hot List”)
When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a teeny-tiny 🤏 affiliate commission.
Stand bags are one category of golfing accessories that any golfer knows they will use regularly. But with the many different brands available on the market, which ones are worth investing in?
The best golf stand bag is the TaylorMade 5.0 ST stand bag. The TaylorMade 5.0 doesn’t skimp on durability or storage space despite its low cost. Its full-length dividers, stable stand, water-resistant material, and easy access to accessories make it an ideal golfing companion.
Functionality, durability, and appearance—these are just some of the things that make a stand bag worth buying, and it isn’t always easy to find one that ticks all the right boxes. Read on to discover some of the best golf bags for men from the most trusted names in golf.
Best Price: TaylorMade 5.0 ST Stand Bag
- Multi handle 8 way golf club top
- 6 total pockets including a water bottle sleeve
- Removeable XL ball pocket
Price is the first thing many would consider when buying a golf bag. The TaylorMade 5.0 ST stand bag (available on Amazon.com) is a budget-friendly option that offers excellent value for money.
If you’re looking for a golf bag that is comfortable to carry and has superb build quality, then this offering from TaylorMade might be what you are looking for. With options available in black, white, or red, this multi-handle eight-way golf club top bag has been designed to offer a lightweight (4.5 lbs or 2.04 kg) and easy-to-carry option suitable for all types of golfers.
At the same time, it has been built with durability in mind: made with polyester, this bag’s fabric is made to last, making it suitable for long-term use. And with six pockets, you have plenty of space to store and compartmentalize your gear and personal items.
- Built-in stand for easy club access
- It provides ample space for clubs with its five-way top and full-length dividers
- The handle has a soft grip, and the shoulder strap is padded for easy carrying
- A pocket for tees and balls makes it easy to access accessories
- Added shielding from harsh weather with a rain hood and matching rain cover
- All-weather protection with water-resistant and sturdy materials
- Not waterproof
- The stand might sit too low for the taller golfer
- There are only four holes in the bag for clubs, so your clubs may be squeezed at times
- This simple stand bag might disappoint golfers looking for something with more features
- Walking straps are not included, and neither are full-length dividers
- Due to the ultra-light design, some users may feel that it lacks sturdiness
Best for Extra Storage: Yovital Golf Stand Bag
- 【14 Way Top with Lift Assist Handle】14 Individual well for every club, keep things well-organized from scratch against each other, supperior to many bags with [14 dividers and only 5...
- 【9 Front Facing Pockets Large Space】9 pockets including one full length bag and shoe bag, large space for everything needed on a golf course.
- 【Stable Kickstand for Extraordinary Performance】It stand stably on the stand or the PP bottom. Spare all your time and energy on golf!
As you head out for a game of golf, there are many things that you may need to carry with you. Aside from your gear, you might want to throw in some extra clothing and other supplies, too. Having enough storage space is, therefore, an essential consideration. The Yovital Golf stand bag (available on Amazon.com) is just the bag you need to allow you to keep everything organized.
Made of polypropylene–a popular BPA-free plastic–this bag has a detachable padded shoulder strap and features an ergonomic design that promotes both comfort and functionality.
With eight pockets and 14 dividers, keeping your gear organized has never been easier. The Yovital stand bag also comes with a dual strap for easy carrying on your own or attaching to a cart. What’s more, you can stay confident while playing golf in the rain: this bag features both a rain hood and a dedicated waterproof pocket for storing valuables such as phones, watches, and keys.
All in all, the Yovital would be ideal for beginners looking to upgrade from a smaller storage bag.
- Dual shoulder straps with padding for easy carrying
- A total of 14 dividers with lift assist are designed to handle a variety of clubs, keeping everything well-organized to avoid scratches
- Large full-length interior, including nine front-facing pockets and shoe bag
- A convenient access point and flexibility are provided by the integrated handle on the top cuff
- Performance-enhancing kickstand
- Quite heavy (7 lbs or 3.18 kg)
- Available in one color only (black)
- Having so many pockets can be overwhelming
- The umbrella holder’s bottom loop is sewn too close to the bag’s center, which interferes with the stand’s opening and closing when the umbrella is attached
- More expensive than other bags on the market
Best for Practicality: AmazonBasics Golf Stand Bag
- Golf stand bag with 14-ways padded divider top for keeping personal clubs safely stored and neatly organized
- Durable nylon construction; ultra lightweight and portable (weighs only 5 pounds)
- Padded shoulder straps for comfort; metal support and anti-slip plastic base for strength and secure placement
The AmazonBasics Golf stand bag (available on Amazon.com) is a golf bag worth investing in if you’re looking for something light on features but heavy on practicality: an adjustable strap, a built-in umbrella holder, and an anti-slip handle for easy transport are among the aspects that make this bag so versatile. In addition, it weighs in at only 5 lbs (2.27 kg), meaning you won’t have to worry about lugging it around all day.
While this contribution from AmazonBasics doesn’t beat other brands for pricing, it does pretty well for storage space. It has 14 dividers, so you can keep all your clubs organized in one place. And best of all, it’s made from tough nylon, so you can expect it to serve you well for a reasonable amount of time.
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Lots of color options (red/black/orange/white)
- Separate glove buckle and tee holder included
- Anti-slip plastic foundation and metal frame
- Padded divider top with 14 ways to store clubs
- Several zipper pockets
- Not waterproof
- The reinforcement rib is made out of plastic
- No shoulder strap
- Interior padding doesn’t feel sufficient
- The dividers don’t fill the entire length of the bag
Best Lightweight Option: Sunday Lightweight Golf Bag
- THE LIGHTEST SUNDAY STAND BAG ON THE MARKET. This lightweight sunday stand carry bag comes in at 1.95 pounds and can fit up to 6-7 clubs comfortably. The perfect bag for a evening Sunday...
- VALUABLES POCKET FOR EXTRA STORAGE: The Sunday Golf pitch n putt bag comes with a valuables pocket that is lined with velour on the inside for safe storage of your valuables such as your...
- PERFECT BAG FOR THE DRIVING RANGE: Instead of having to bring a heavy golf bag out, your Sunday Golf Bag fits nicely into any trunk and is ideal for use at the driving range when you just...
The Sunday Golf lightweight bag (available on Amazon.com) is an excellent choice if you want to go out on the course with minimal weight in tow.
These bags are made from nylon, an exceptionally light fabric that also doesn’t absorb moisture, which contributes to the overall durability of the bag.
Coming in at 1.95 lbs (0.88 kg), look no further than this for an easy and lightweight golf bag. Its portable design is perfect for golfers looking for something that can be transported to and around the golf course almost effortlessly – especially for longer games.
Despite its compact design (2 dividers), it features a large interior pocket for your clubs.
Owing to its low weight, this bag can be easily stored in overhead bins on airplanes or in storage facilities.
- It weighs just 1.95 lbs (0.88 kg), making it great for longer games
- It’s portable and compact and is suitable for most forms of travel
- It can accommodate up to seven golf clubs despite its small size
- Zipped pocket for safe storage of valuables
- Built-in carry handle and strap
- Not waterproof
- Only available in one color (black), so it isn’t suitable for those who want something in a bright or interesting color
- Best for light packers only
- Small carry handle
- Single shoulder strap
Best for Tournaments: Woode Hybrid 8 Stand Bag
- New 8-way WOODĒ top better organizes your woods and your irons with extra room for large putter grips
- 9 front facing pockets including a Rapid Access Snap Ball Pocket, and a Rapid Access Snap fleece lined valuables pocket
- Low Profile Ball Silo
A golfer’s tournament bag will typically include clubs, equipment for each hole, and other items that are particularly useful in the clubhouse (such as hats, water bottles, towels, and snacks). Every golfer should have at least one tournament bag, like the Woode Hybrid 8 stand bag (available on Amazon.com).
As the name suggests, this bag is a hybrid stand bag that combines the functionality of a full-sized golf bag with the portability of a stand bag. It includes a compartment to separate woods from irons, with eight dividers, nine front-facing pockets, and a front organizer panel for valuables. It also has ergonomic shoulder straps and a carry handle for easy transport.
The Woode Hybrid 8 is an excellent choice for the club player looking for a compact bag (this one comes in at 6.54 lbs or 2.97 kg) that can handle a full round of golf. Made from durable polyester with a plush fleece lining, this bag also features rapid-access snap ball pockets for easy retrieval during rounds.
- Plenty of colors (black, grey, white) and patterns (aloha palms, hyper camo, whiskey) to choose from
- Features handy extras such as a Velcro glove patch, towel loop, pen holder, and umbrella holder
- The 8-way top helps organize woods and irons with extra room for large putter grips
- Easy access pockets
- Too few rings to hold towels
- No water bottle pocket
- Clubs are hidden by putters and headcovers, so removing them from the bag can be a challenge
- Storage for rangefinders is not available
Recap: Best Golf Stand Bags to Buy in 2023
When shopping for a stand bag, you’ll want to look out for quality, weight, and price.
When it comes to quality, ask yourself:
- Does the bag have a sturdy frame that can withstand heavy use?
- Is it made from materials that are durable and waterproof?
Regarding weight, your stand bag shouldn’t be too heavy or bulky, even with all its contents included.
Lastly, when it comes to price, ask yourself what value you’re getting for the features that the bag offers.
With all this in mind, you should be able to pick out the perfect stand bag.